Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
BCAA has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 2021!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2021, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA is hiring a Regular Full-Time Senior Software Developer, Mulesoft. The Senior Software Developer Analyst, Mulesoft (SSDA Mulesoft) is responsible for the development, testing and delivery of IS integration solutions. The SSDA Mulesoft will perform coding and configuration which includes enhancements and production defect fixes, and provides supplementary documentation (i.e. design, test plans, data and expected results).
The SSDA Mulesoft will mentor more junior team members and will work on most complex projects and tasks.
- Perform development, testing and implementation of integration solutions, including design, coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging.
- Provide assistance to less experienced developers.
- Create technical documentation.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Scope, estimate, and schedule work on tasks and projects.
- Work closely with Business Analysts or other developers to interpret functional requirements.
- Create work breakdown tasks based on functional requirements.
- Perform system analysis or architectural tasks.
- Make independent technical decisions on issues with own project work.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our current integrations and provides ideas for improvement of the integrations.
- Remains current on technology and provides guidance to management on implementing these.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Is available for on-call support and system release support.
- Degree or Diploma in Computing Science
- Minimum 7 years of software development experience.
- Minimum 3 years of Mulesoft developer experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Java programming experience.
- Experience in relational databases, such as Oracle or SQL.
- Experience with the Agile or Kanban approaches to software development
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with other team members
- Ability to be proactive when determining tasks and dealing with issues and challenges
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills
- Mulesoft Developer or Architect Certification
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks
- Experience in designing and implementing an enterprise integration architecture
- Experience in implementing API on ESB using REST/web services
- Good understanding of APIs, microservices, and all integration patterns connecting cloud and on-premise applications
- Experience in creating integrations for Salesforce and/or Guidewire
- Experience in leading a team and mentoring more junior team members