Senior Software Developer C
Chemical Computing GroupMontreal, QC4 days ago
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com, with R&D SCSD in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, please note that only applicants selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
You are a talented, exceptional programmer looking to join a small, high-performing team where you can make a fundamental impact working at the height of your skills on interesting projects. As a member of Research and Development, you will have the opportunity to face the demanding and varied challenges of the exciting domain of scientific drug discovery software development.
In this full-time position in our downtown office in Montreal, Canada, you will participate in building, extending, and maintaining CCG’s products, taking responsibility for key areas of development. You will apply your expert programming skills, diagnostic and analytical abilities, and technical knowledge to see projects through from conception to release. Anticipate opportunities to apply and expand your programming expertise in such specialized areas as computer graphics, UI toolkit development, parallel and distributed computing, and cross-platform technologies.
Chemical Computing Group (CCG) is a leading life science software company that has provided state-of-the-art drug discovery software to major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies around the world for over 25 years.
- Develop, build, and maintain core systems, infrastructure, applications, and extensions to CCG products
- Participate in the conception, design, implementation, testing, and release of future CCG products
- Expert-level programming experience in C
- Deep-level knowledge of graphics and multi-platform programming using e.g. OpenGL, X11, Metal, Vulkan, etc.
- Experience with Windows API, macOS Cocoa, CUDA, and OpenCL is an asset
- Experience with platform porting, server-client development, and network communications is an asset
- Experience with scientific programming, cloud computing, and job management systems is an asset
Your Work Experience
- 10 or more years in professional software product development
- Commercial experience in a software development team on a large code base