Senior Software Developer, JLR
AppDirectCalgary, AB22 days ago
About the Team:
The Digital Transformation Services team is at the heart of AppDirect. Under the Customer Success Organization, we help drive our customer’s technical success. We provide world-class relationship management and consultation to the companies we partner with to launch new marketplaces; on-board independent software vendors (ISVs); integrate seamlessly with billing, identity, CRM and other systems; as well as providing custom software solutions to make our customers uniquely successful. The Digital Transformation Services team offers our customer the technical expertise for a streamlined experience from the user UI to the reports consumed by the data analyst. We have impressive members on this team who have a strong, customer-first culture.
AppDirect is growing a specialized team that resides within the Digital Transformation Services group that serves one of the world’s top luxury car manufacturers. Chosen as their cloud app service provider and tasked with expanding the connected car experience through the provisioning of live feeds and driver-centric app management, this specialized team plays a critical role in this customer’s success.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Software Developer who can join this specialized, global team and confidently take a leadership role in the development of systems for the strategic customer. You must be able to take high level software requirements or customer user stories, and from those, develop detailed designs, additional user stories and guide other developers and team members in project scope. In addition, you are excellent at multitasking; working independently or on a team to code, test, integrate, troubleshoot, and support new or existing features for our customer.
Our ideal candidate will be a leader and strong developer who brings a strong teamwork and “can do” attitude with a work hard ethic. Besides being a good developer, you also have an excellent mentorship skill and the ability to independently make informed development decisions. You can work independently or on a team, overcome difficult hurdles and challenges, have a positive attitude, and a desire to create high quality code that meets our customers requirements and target delivery dates. Someone who takes an ownership role in our team’s success and is not afraid to make recommendations for improvement. An individual who is comfortable working with both back-end integrations and GUI / Web design development.
How You will Make an Impact & What You will Do:
You must have strong customer relationship skills, and the ability to work well with other members of the AppDirect global team including architects, developers, QA, customer support, deployment and administrators.
You will be responsible for all aspects of software development in the delivery of services and applications for systems. You must be able to manage multiple activities and prioritize them well. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to:
- Tech Lead one or more development projects
- Design and requirement analysis
- Unit testing
- Integration with our customer or third party services
- Support for deployments and releases
- Documentation (designs and APIs, both internal and external facing)
- Troubleshooting existing and legacy systems
- Tracing issues in a microservice infrastructure environment
- Operating in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- Security conscientious with all actions and operations
- Bug fixes
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Industry experience with large integration projects
- B.Sc. or Diploma specializing in software development or computer engineering
- Java Experience
- Spring, Springboot, Hibernate, JPA design/implementation
- Strong experience in MySQL and Mongo database systems
- Docker containerization and operations
- Experience with LINUX operating systems on remote servers
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, and GitHub tools
- Familiarity with SVN and GIT source management control
- Apache/Tomcat servlet design/implementation
- Experience developing projects using Agile and Iterative Waterfall development methodologies
- Amazon AWS, Docker, Kubernetes deployment experience
- Ability to work independently given general guidance and direction
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- SSO and authentication (OpenId, OAuth2, SAML)
- Ability to document designs including call flows, system diagrams and system user flows
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent testing and debugging skills
- Strong Mentorship, Leadership and Team Management / Interaction skills
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.