Perpetua's mission is to give superpowers to anyone that sells online by building best-in-class ecommerce advertising products. At the moment, we help agencies, brands, and sellers win on Amazon, Instacart, Walmart, and Target by analyzing large amounts of data and using AI to develop smart optimization algorithms that drive transformational sales growth for our clients.
We are hiring a Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) to join our platform teams to create robust testing frameworks to ship software predictably, frequently and safely. This role would be the first SDET on the team and as such is expected to be the subject matter expert on software test automation and be able to continuously drive quality improvements in our software and processes. Our stack is primarily Python services, pipelines and ReactJS front-end components all deployed on Google Cloud Platform.
You will be responsible for:
- End to end planning and implementation of the test pyramid from unit tests, integration tests, API tests for our front-end platform
- Work with both platform and infrastructure developers to implement and maintain testing frameworks across their stacks
- Lead by example in the practice and promotion of quality testing across the team through continuous education on testing patterns and best practices to ultimately increase adoption of these patterns across all squads and by all developers
This role will suit you if you:
- you are a front-end software developer and bring software development discipline to automated testing including software design and architecture
- you are well versed in all aspects of software testing and have experience in a variety of test automation frameworks such as Jest, Cypress, etc.
- you have experience working with web-based software and have detailed knowledge of the browser and the request / response lifecycle
- Note: candidates with test automation experience primarily using Selenium will not be considered for this role
Bonus Points For
- Previous experience working with microservices and containers deployed on Google Cloud Platform
- Previous experience with B2B or business insights and analytics
- Experience in the marketing and advertising space
- Full benefits plus a health spending account from day 1
- Top-of-the-line technology to help you build your own workspace
- Automatic enrolment in our employee revenue sharing plan
- Flexible time off policy
- Free catered office lunches from Toronto's best restaurants daily
- Unlimited snacks and drinks in the office
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.