Senior Software Engineer
HiMamaAnywhere15 days ago
Do you want to learn first hand how great products are made?
And work hard to be part of a winning team that's making them?
Do you want to work on a product that is truly making an impact in the world?
Then we want YOU to join our Engineering team!
At HiMama, our Product & Engineering teams are a tight-knit unit. By using strong product creation methodologies and processes, and by working closely together, we imagine and create great products that immediately make an impact in the lives of millions of educators, parents, and young children.
As a Senior Engineer with HiMama, you'll have the opportunity to make a big impact on our growing product. From feature enhancements to the core product, ground-up engineering on brand-new architecture, data scaling, and system performance on Android, iOS, and web-based applications, our small team does it ALL. Engineering at HiMama requires being an adept problem solver that is hardworking and motivated to get stuff done. Hustle is what this company was built on.
Our products are used and loved by millions! HiMama has three main products: a tablet app for teachers, a desktop web app for administrators, and a mobile app for parents. We bring all three products together to empower preschool teachers to connect with parents and engage them in children’s learning and development, and help owners streamline running their business. And so you'll also be looking to make an impact on the world beyond dollars and cents– working with a social enterprise you will personally have the opportunity to improve outcomes for tens of thousands of children in Canada, the U.S., and abroad.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop high-performance code for web-based applications using Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, and React
- Take point on designing feature architecture by closely collaborating with Product and fellow developers
- Independent research and selection of best tools/methods of implementation to solve problems
- Mentor less experienced engineers. Leverage your knowledge and experience to help level up your team
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams on the best way to solve problems.
- Opportunity to work in mobile development (ReactNative)
- Opportunity to contribute to product strategy/vision and user experience if interested
What We're Looking For
- Agile, competent programmer, and problem solver
- Strong communicator who enjoys collaborating with teammates
- Knowledgeable about the newest trends and best practices
- Ambition to work hard in order to make an impact
- Evidence of independence and self-starter attitude
- Propensity to always want to learn and improve
- Strong sense of empathy not only for the user but others that you work with
- Predisposition for collaboration with teammates as a problem-solving approach
- Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited University or equivalent experience
Required Technical Skills
- 5+ years as a software developer
- 3+ years developing in Ruby/Python (or similar)
- 3+ years working with relational databases
- Experience with GraphQL / React a plus