Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Software Engineers are key members of the product development team responsible for the creation of innovative new capabilities in Prophix used by a 2500+ global customer base every day for budgeting, reporting, and integrated financial planning. Our software engineers collaborate in an Agile environment with the development, product management, and user experience teams to write high-quality, testable, and maintainable code to implement and deliver new product features.
It is expected that Development team members are available to work a hybrid schedule requiring three (3) days of on-site work to support collaboration. Subject to change, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are mandatory in-office days where team members are expected to work on-site from our Mississauga head office. Mondays and Fridays are optional work-from-home days for designated focus work. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members can do their best work.
Please note, we are looking to hire three (3) candidates to the position of Senior Software Engineer from this posting.
What You Will Do at Prophix
- Work in cross-functional Scrum teams to produce and release new applications, features, and enhancements to improve the user experience, applying the full understanding of software engineering discipline and industry best practices
- Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions
- Work closely with senior development team members on major architecture projects, design, and implementation
- Ensure the quality of our applications by using various types of automated testing methods in a continuous integration environment
- Resolve defects/bugs during pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Coordinate technical dependencies with other teams
- Participate in code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning
- Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
- Work with a sense of urgency; embrace mistakes, learn from them, and drive the team toward success
What You Will Bring to Prophix
To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, software engineering or related discipline, or equivalent working experience
- Development of distributed applications with Microsoft technologies: C# .NET/Core, SQL Server, Entity Framework
- Deep expertise with microservices architectures and design patterns
- Cloud Native AWS experience with services such as Lambda, SQS, RDS/Aurora, S3, Lex, and Polly
- Mastery of both Windows and Linux environments and their use in the development and management of complex distributed systems architectures
- Experienced using Git source code repository and continuous integration tools
- Proficient with debugging and profiling distributed systems
- Practiced UT and System Integration Test, with an Agile and test-driven development mindset
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Exposure to serverless development/deployment and containerization a definite plus
- Understanding of identity and access management principles (SAML, OAUTH, OPENID/OIDC, SSO, MFA)
- Academic or practical knowledge of corporate financial concepts (i.e., planning, budgeting, forecasting, or consolidation) is a nice to have
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country where the role is located. Must be able to travel to the United States, Canada and/or internationally, and have a valid passport.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background (work and education) verification with an external vendor.
We thank all those who apply, however, please be advised that only those candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
ACCESSIBILITY & DIVERSITY
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prophix will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.