Senior Software Engineer
Vena SolutionsToronto, ON17 days ago
Who we are
At Vena Solutions, we believe finance and data analytics should be fun - for everyone! We do data differently transforming businesses by pairing our interface with the best parts of Excel and the power of a full finance-led planning solution. Our integrated planning ecosystem streamlines workflows, automates time-consuming tasks, and frees up more time to uncover insights and build a better business.
Founded in 2011, and with over $350 million raised in funding, we offer a cloud-native, corporate performance management platform that empowers finance, operations, and business leaders to "Plan to Grow" their businesses. Our customers across a range of industries include the Kansas City Chiefs, Coca-Cola Consolidated, WWF-Canada, and Capstone Infrastructure.
It’s an exciting time at Vena as we scale unbelievably fast and channel our latest round of funding into building out our product development roadmap and go-to-market strategy.
Who we need
Vena is seeking an experienced developer and collaborator, to join our team of 60+ developers headquartered in Toronto, Canada. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of a Scrum team building scalable React applications and Java-based microservices that enhance our Software as a Service product.
Who you are
You are a well-rounded programmer, probably with one area of expertise and depth, with a passion for working across product stacks and learning new languages. You have a strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including software design, algorithms, and best practices.
What's in it for you
Impact. You will directly contribute to our growth and success as a company and as a Development team, tackling complex technical challenges working with data, scale, and application performance. You will work on our new pipeline features and functionality, working towards product goals that align with our growth strategy.
Technology. Our platform lets customers enter or import finance, accounting, HR, and other business data into our dimensional database engine, and then execute planning processes using that data and our workflow engine. You will use Java, Spring, TypeScript, and React to build new features that enable our customers to work with a familiar Excel interface in a more advanced way, creating templates, enabling distribution, and managing coordination for data gathering and analysis.
Professional growth. You will have the chance to participate in our mentoring program both as a mentor and a mentee. You will join our ongoing learning and development labs and have the opportunity to take courses, earn new certifications, or purchase resources with our Education Subsidy. You will be supported in accelerating your career. As we continue to grow beyond 100 people across our Development and Technology team, you will have endless possibilities including moving up to a Technical Lead, Staff Engineer, Architect, or into people management leading a team.
How you will make an impact
- Write clean and elegant code. You will create robust, speedy production components and develop prototypes quickly. You will refactor, simplify and optimize code to develop features more effectively
- Collaborate. You will work closely with your cross-functional team members on features, design and implementation and innovate solutions to complex business problems. You will contribute to architecture and product discussions when possible.
- Drive excellence. You will contribute to building our environment that embraces continuous integration using automated testing. You will research and recommend best practices, the latest technologies, and new approaches to improve our software performance, delivery, scalability, and usability.
What you bring to the team
- The drive to continuously learn. You want to be part of a collaborative culture of "Engineering Excellence" that continuously improves and pursues knowledge around emerging technologies, languages, and practices. You believe in keeping up with the latest tools, libraries, frameworks and trends in cloud computing. You can pick up new technologies quickly and you can mentor junior developers in optimal use of Java.
- The interpersonal skills. You have great communication skills and you can build trusting, influential relationships within and across teams.
Life at Vena
At Vena, we believe that a positive company culture is key to success, and we are honored that overwhelming positive and supportive feedback from our teams has resulted in us being the recipient of three 2020 Comparably Awards for Small and Midsize Businesses. We have been recognized in the following categories: Best Company Culture, Best Companies for Women and Best Companies for Diversity.
To us, this level of recognition speaks to the dedication and commitment of the people who make up our teams, and we work hard every day to nurture an environment that appreciates our people and expands access to development and growth opportunities. This includes a number of employee resource groups including DIBS (Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging) which aims to create the space and freedom to celebrate their differences; N4W (Network for Women) that addresses the interests, challenges and hurdles women+ from different backgrounds experience in the tech community workplace. And our accessibility group, Va11y, that works toward actualizing barrier-free access to Vena for everyone, no matter their unique needs or learning style.
Vena also actively supports a variety of partner initiatives, including bootcamps for Women In Tech Sales, as well as networking events and hackathons with Black Professionals in Tech Network, Elle Hacks, SheHacks and WomenHack.
As a people-first organization, we offer a flexible working environment, prioritize mental health and wellness through monthly virtual sessions, and have built out a virtual social events calendar to keep us all in touch. You will be inspired by our diverse executive leadership as they scale the company and remain engaged with the teams; shifting from monthly to weekly town halls and maintaining transparent communications through the pandemic and beyond.