Senior Software Engineer (Go) - 100% Remote, East Canada Time Zones
Nova Scotia, Canada
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
New Brunswick, Canada
WHO WE ARE?
Our mission started in the UK and we're currently one of the top startups to work for in the UK and Europe.
We’re now looking for outstanding Senior Software Engineers to join our new engineering team that we will be building in Canada. As one of our first Canada-based engineering hires you will have a rare and exciting opportunity to shape the product and the team we hire, you'll be working 100% remotely and cross-collaborating with our engineers based in the EU and UK. This will enable us to diversify our talent distribution and bring in some of the world's best engineers to build Form3's revolutionary payment technology platform.
All our engineers work within small, agile, self-managed teams that emphasise best practice and believe quality is everyone’s responsibility. They favour collaborative development and leverage open-source tools and communities, whilst making sure to share their know-how back up stream.
Form3 have recently completed a third round of funding, raising $160 million meaning we are looking to grow our Engineering team significantly as part of our 5-year road-map. As a result, we have multiple vacancies open for this position, as well as across other roles in our Engineering team. With this in mind, if this role isn't the right fit for you, please do take a look at our other Engineering vacancies on our website here.
At Form3 you will have the opportunity to design, develop and deploy backend cloud-native services within a containerised microservices architecture. The work is cutting edge, constantly changing and focused on building and operating critical, highly available, low latency, scalable solutions.
Play an active role in introducing new technologies and ways of working to stay ahead of the competition, without ever compromising on quality. Contribute and collaborate with other engineers on technical and architectural decisions. Enjoy end-to-end ownership from concept to deployment, including building and operating infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines. Develop your skills, work on cool projects with the latest tech, all whilst working with a talented, diverse and friendly group of people.
Here are a few of the tools and methodologies we utilise:
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Kubernetes
- Platform: CockroachDB, Elasticsearch, PostgresDB, Vault, Consul, Linkerd, NATS
- Tools: Terraform, GitHub, Prometheus, Pact.io
- Code: Go (and a little Java), containerised microservices, CQRS, open-source
- Ways of working: TDD/BDD, Pair Programming, 100% remote, DevSecOps
WE’RE LOOKING FOR ENGINEERS WITH
- Experience in designing and building distributed systems
- Familiarity with cloud and containerisation technologies, test automation tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Interest in owning projects end-to-end and supporting them as they go live in production
- Appreciation of clean code and software engineering best-practice
- A passion for learning and an interest in Go (previous experience isn’t required), along with a “right tool for the job” mentality
- Great communication skills who enjoy sharing knowledge and collaborating with others
- 30 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Remote friendly environment
- Remote working equipment allowance
- Health and wellness allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Udemy and educational reimbursements
- Full details are available on our careers page
Form3 appreciates that we all lead different and often really busy lives. We work remotely 100% of the time and many of us work part time. If you’re interested in hearing what different flexible working arrangements may be available, we’d love to chat.
Please note that all our engineering teams are currently based in the EU and UK. Due to time-zone differences and working practicalities, we’re only able to hire Engineers based in Canada East timezones or based in Canada and able to work close to GMT-4. However, this may change in the future as we start streamlining some of our internal structure and recruitment processes in Canada.
We are an award-winning cloud-native payment technology provider for financially regulated institutions. Launched in 2016, we've doubled in size year on year as we continue to redefine what a truly instant payment experience means.
We celebrate diversity, promote entrepreneurialism and are committed to giving everyone a say in shaping our business. Here you will grow as a person and accomplish incredible things. A career at Form3 is empowering, inspiring and fun. Join us and help shape the future of payments.
At Form3 we embrace equal opportunity and are committed to building a diverse team of exceptional individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status and it is our strong belief that the more inclusive we are as a business, the better our work will be.