Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
JobviteRemote - Canada or US17 days ago
Jobvite offers a marketing-inspired approach to recruiting by combining the power of data and the human touch. We enable recruitment teams to personalize the candidate experience with a full-scale talent platform that accelerates and simplifies the entire talent acquisition process — from the moment the search begins to the celebration of the first promotion and beyond. We make it possible to automate communication through bot-powered texts and anticipate the employee journey with internal mobility and referral tools driven by human insight and assisted by AI. With a comprehensive, talent acquisition-focused suite Jobvite has been serving customers, including Dollar Shave Club, Dunkin Brands, Trek, LinkedIn, CDW, Universal Music Group, Wayfair, Audible & Feeding America, since 2006.
What’s Jobvite Engineering All About?
We call ourselves JET and we are the “how” and the “when” of everything that happens in Product & Engineering. We are organized into seven Tribes that support distinct product lines and have responsibility for delivering in 2 week sprints. We are led by Jared Adams and Ron Teeter and by the power of our absolute best and brightest team of Engineers. We deliver on our product commitments and engineering values everyday and we award Engineers on our values each month. Our commitment is to always learn, always improve, and always “be better”. We are “ridiculously committed” to being better.
What Are Our Engineering Values?
- I get to. We don’t have to do things we get to do things. We bring a positive spirit to our work.
- Shift left. We have a passion for innovation and bringing value as close to the customer as we can.
- Agile > Scrum. Scrum is our methodology but being Agile is more important. If the process slows you down, do the right thing and be agile.
- I code it, I own it. We have a deep level of ownership of everything we deliver and count on one another for the same.
- Ship small, fail fast. Repeat. We are committed to iterative improvement.
How You’ll Impact Jobvite’s Success:
It’s all about how we can impact success and our philosophy and values ensure we have direct impact on four key areas that drive Jobvite’s overall success as a company - Development, Operations, Finance, & Security. In development we are delivering with high quality and predictability every 2 weeks at over 100% of commitment. In Operations we’ve rolled out 24/7 support to deliver on SLA’s at 99.99%. In Finance we completed hosting optimization to reduce recurring costs, and in Security we were the first of our competitors to SOC2 certify our application.
What you will do:
Jobvite is seeking a Senior Engineer to develop, improve, and monitor our growing cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this role has experience in developing tools and automation for maintaining services at scale and enabling the delivery of mission critical web sites with various underlying services. The individual in this role will be a member of a cloud engineering team tasked with the deliver highly available and scalable services.
- As a member of the cloud engineering team you get to build the cloud infrastructure in which our Jobvite applications run
- You will get to build the tools that monitor, deploy and manage our web applications and backend systems
- Participate in the cloud operations events such as code deployments, and help create the automations to simplify them
- Be able to improve your skills using the latest and greatest cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker and AWS managed services
- Helps us solve our capacity, scalability and performance issues by improving our platform
- Participate in our distributed on-call rotation
What Will You Bring:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in building and designing SaaS based web applications.
- Proven backend development skills with experience in Java, SOAP/REST APIs, MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Familiar with SDLC tools like Ant, Maven, Git, Jenkins.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Willing to work in Infrastructure Engineering teams, provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent critical issues.\
- Knowledge on Linux administration, Kubernetes, Docker or other container orchestration framework
- Have a passion for automation by creating tools using Python, Java or Bash
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Apache, Elastic Search, Memcached.
- Knowledge around how AWS services and deployments work.
**This position is eligible for permanently remote employees based in the US and Canada**
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Candidates must have permanent work authorization in Canada or the US for this position.