Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure Engineering
TasktopAnywhere in Canada11 days ago
Tasktop is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the company’s foundation of operational excellence by building and refining infrastructure services for Tasktop’s SaaS offerings.
Whether it’s providing fault tolerance automation for our Cloud infrastructure or serving a consultation role for our engineering teams looking to implement DevOps best practices, your position will have wide-ranging impact and responsibilities. As a member of our growing Cloud team, you will work closely with stakeholders to provide services required for our engineering teams to develop, deploy, and operate their software services with confidence and speed.
- Bring our SLOs to life by providing comprehensive monitoring and actionable alerts. This includes our infrastructure and infrastructure we provide as a service to Product Development ensuring trustworthy alerts and relevant service quality feedback.
- Solve technical challenges and implement solutions that are informed by the product vision, security requirements, and team mission.
- Work with team members to achieve their best by supporting a culture of mentorship, continual learning, knowledge sharing of best practices, and contributing to the positive discussion and debate of ideas.
- Ensure any incidents are leveraged as highly valuable learning opportunities, fostering a positive culture of learning through blameless retrospectives, leading by example and constructively challenging team members to provide effective remediations and improvements.
Great candidates have the following skills; if you need to catch up on some of these skills we provide self-directed training to all members of our Product Development teams.
- A desire for operational excellence such as creating and maintaining runbooks, creating and improving processes, creating valued monitoring and actionable alerts.
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment tooling such as Jenkins, Travis CI, or Spinnaker.
- Experience operating infrastructure or applications subject to compliance such as PCI, SOC2, or HIPAA is highly desirable
- Experience with infrastructure and Configuration Management tooling such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- A solid background with container orchestration such as Kubernetes or containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS or GCP.
- Professional experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, or Bash.
- Experience working with Linux OS such as Ubuntu or CentOS.
- Experience with database deployment and operations (Postgres and/or AWS Aurora).
Who we are:
Tasktop is transforming how the world’s largest organizations manage the process of building software. Our Value Stream Management (VSM) platform has enabled our Fortune 500 customers to dramatically reduce their time to market and increase the velocity of software development. Sitting above the entire software development toolchain, Tasktop’s VSM platform integrates all popular software development tools - like Jira, ServiceNow, Azure DevOps and many more - and allows organizations to see where work is getting stuck and how they can improve. The company has been recognized by industry analysts such as Forrester and Gigaom as the leader in this new category of tools.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Tasktop is a global company with staff across North America, Europe and Australia. We have an energetic vibe, where we value work/life balance and creating an organization of diverse individuals that learn from each other. Recently named Built-In Austin’s Best Midsize Place to Work For, Tasktop provides the space to do the best work of your life.
Diversity and caring for each other are two of Tasktop’s key values and at Tasktop, we have built a community of mutual respect and trust. We believe that diverse teams perform better and foster an environment of belonging and inclusion. We aim to continually learn, evolve, and be better versions of ourselves.
As a Tasktop employee you will enjoy flexibility, a health and wellness allowance, volunteer programs, a generous vacation offering, happy hours, and plenty more benefits!
Do you want to join the movement?? We would love to hear from you. Apply within!