Who we are
At Personify, we build strong connections with our clients so they can build strong connections with their communities. One of the most diversified and fastest-growing technology providers of integrated software solutions, we are innovative leaders in the industry and respond to the needs of our clients through products that include:
- A2Z Events, a multi-event platform that enables clients to manage their events from start to finish, including floor plans, financials, managing contracts and sponsorships, and increasing engagement through mobile applications and a networking suite.
- CommUnity, an online community platform for those with common interests to connect, learn and collaborate.
- Wild Apricot, an all-in-one solution that automates and simplifies workflows enabling nonprofits and associations to manage their membership, streamline their processes, and make room for human connections.
- Member Clicks, an easy-to-use member management cloud solution aimed at small to medium-sized nonprofit organizations and associations.
- ThreeSixty, an enterprise management solution for associations, nonprofits, YMCAs and JCCs to engage, manage and grow their membership.
- And more.
At Personify, we're in the relationship building business, powering conversations, donations, events, and foundations through analytics, tools, and robust backend management systems. With 300+ employees in our offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Toronto, and as part of remote teams across Canada and the US, we're the people designing the technology that reaches 30,000+ clients resulting in 3B+ interactions a year with our products. Joining us is a chance to take your skills and expertise and build solutions for the real world that strengthen the connection between clients, their mission and their communities.
Who we need
Our WIld Apricot product squad is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer who can be hands-on coding complex solutions, while simultaneously providing estimations, guidance on the architecture, and mentorship to the team. You will take ownership of the technical analysis and solutioning. You will collaborate with the product management team and contribute to the design, development, and deployment of new features.
If you enjoy taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve significant and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
What’s in it for you
Impact and influence. You want to drive the product and feature development from design to deployment; you want to recommend tools, and be empowered to make autonomous decisions around the process. You will play a key role on a number of projects including, integrating with a number of payment systems. This is a genuine opportunity to play an influential role on a collaborative team applying your coding expertise across our modern framework and microservices. It's a chance to see your ideas come together - and land in front of end-users within weeks or days..
Career growth. At Personify, we offer a balance between established and responsive, between new and tenured. We are proud to say, many of our team members have been here for 5, 10, even 15 years. And, we have people who've joined us recently. You will have the option to try new avenues and pivot back if that's what you need to do your best work. Joining us as a Senior Software Engineer is a chance to grow into a Staff or Principal Developer or follow a people management career progression into a Team Lead and beyond.
How you will make an impact:
- Grow and lead. You will expand your skills and your understanding of solving challenging real-world problems requiring deep analysis and complex solutioning. You will collaborate with product management to meet the needs of customers, solve technical issues and push yourself to the next level of your career. You will mentor junior developers, sharing insights and working alongside them to support and review their code.
- Play a critical role on new projects. You will architect new microservices from conception to deployment, take ownership of the technical future of Wild Apricot.
- Build and enhance new features and modules for Wild Apricot. You will work across all stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), from requirements analysis, development, implementation, test automation, continuous integration, automation of deployment and monitoring.
- Prioritize quality. As a development team member, you will ensure each release meets our high-quality standards. You will test, and debug existing or new systems, ensuring we deliver quality features and bug fixes that align with our development process. You will provide end-to-end support of applications, participate in incident response activities, and help improve software stability and performance.
What you bring:
- The experience and the growth mindset. You have 4+ years of software development, working across the SDLC and strong knowledge of:
- Computer science fundamentals.
- Coding standards and design principles / patterns.
- Building a system design for specific business requirements.
- Scaling infrastructure and developing products and features that fit into an ecosystem.
- Microservices and serverless architecture
- The technical toolbox. You have an enthusiasm for learning new programming languages and platforms as needed. You have hands-on experience with:
- .Net, ASP.Net and C#.
- Key services for AWS: EC2, Lambda, RDS, IAM, S3, DynamoDB
- Building APIs and web applications
- Relational and NoSQL databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo)
- The project and people leadership. You can draw on your expertise to provide estimates for delivery and deployment. You are comfortable sharing your opinion and suggesting technologies, tools, and approaches. You can build relationships with and influence cross-functional teams, encouraging open communication and knowledge sharing, guiding work and teaching skills.
- The collaborative approach. You understand the concepts of collective responsibility and ownership and practice active listening and empathetic engagement across diverse perspectives. You are driven to stay at the cutting edge of technology, continuously learning and growing. You have outstanding communication skills. You respond to change by adapting. You have a quality mindset and dedication to delivering high-quality products.
Why join us?
We are committed to creating a balanced, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- We recognize and appreciate the varied experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge our team can bring to our culture, operations, products, and relationships internally and externally.
- We have an impactful recruitment diversity strategy to increase representation across the company at every level. And, we're working with our teams to create employee resource groups that further support our people in the safe spaces and ways they need to feel heard.
We're proud of our evolution. We promote -and live- a culture of not just listening but acting, making ourselves available and accessible.
We're a great place to work.
Guided by our values, inspired by our clients, and forging ahead with optimism and the commitment to service of a new President and CEO, Scott Collison, at the helm, Personify is driven by our purpose. We empower our clients, from small nonprofits to large enterprise organizations, to build strong connections with their communities, ultimately enabling them to achieve their missions. And, our leadership team brings profound expertise and a deep commitment to taking Personify to the next level.
With generous paid-time-off, flexibility, and the option to be fully remote, we prioritize the well being of our teams. Choosing where to power up their laptops empowers our employees to connect with each other and our clients from anywhere while meeting their life demands and without sacrificing their performance. In fact, we know it makes them do better, feel better, and enjoy being part of our company.
Recognized by Built In Austin in its Best Places to Work Awards in both 2019 and 2020, we spend our days creating a virtual place and physical space where people are comfortable being themselves, feel supported and heard, enjoy each other's company, and have an opportunity to shine.
Personify is a company made up of people who like to work with brilliant teams passionate about delivering exceptional solutions to our clients. We're a place to make an impact, see the difference, and accelerate your career doing something you love.
We know not everyone gains their education and skills the traditional way, so if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications you are looking for and you are ready to make a difference, submit your application. Of course, we can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider the full scope of who you are and what you bring.
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
Employment offers are contingent on the candidate successfully completing a background investigation in compliance with federal, provincial and local laws.