Senior Specialist, Emerging Technology
Chubb InsuranceCanada18 days ago
The Emerging Technology Specialist role in the New Frontiers team is a hands-on technology role with the additional responsibility of partnering with cross-functional business and IT leaders across multiple geographies to support innovation priorities and ensure success.
Most projects are three to six months in duration with multiple efforts going on in parallel and no two projects will look the same. Typical innovation efforts include projects in Telematics, IoT/Sensors, Cognitive/AI initiatives, Blockchain, etc.
The Emerging Technology Specialist will require a combination of technical and strong communication skills, managing expectations of senior business and technical stakeholders, and the ability to multitask and handle multiple initiatives.
• Master’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field preferred.
• At least 8 years of experience working in an innovation role.
• Excellent understanding of applying emerging technologies to solve business problems.
• Experience in P&C or InsurTech start-up is considered an asset.
• A good understanding of machine learning techniques, analytics, and emerging technologies like telematics, IoT, blockchain, etc.
• Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Experience working with Agile teams is a plus.
• Experience in SQL, Nodejs, Java, Scala, NoSQL DB preferred.
• Experience in Python along with common data science toolkits, such as Scikit-learn, Azure ML, R, NumPy is an asset.
• Ability to interpret business requests as well as communicate findings in a user-friendly manner; ability to write clear, concise reports and presentations; ability to verbally communicate or present effectively to management.