Senior Support Engineer
ArchitechToronto, Remote10d ago
Architech is a Toronto-based software company with over 15 years of experience in creating technology solutions for clients across North America. We leverage the latest cloud technology and hire top talent to modernize applications so that businesses can succeed in today’s digital world.
Our Dream Team is based in Vancouver, Toronto, and Krakow, Poland. The team consists of over 100 certified technical experts in our Product, Design, Engineering, and Delivery disciplines. Our values drive our culture of success: Think Big, Be Open & Collaborate, Never Fail a Client, Grow Our People, Do the Right Thing, and Embrace Change.
It’s all about the environment
Satisfy your curiosity and desire to learn. You’ll work very closely with a diverse tight-knit group of creative people who are passionate about technology and software. Not only will you work in a collaborative and nurturing environment, you’ll also grow your existing skills while keeping up with current and upcoming IT industry trends.
We grow when you grow
We encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the tech community. To help you with this, we offer tools and programs such as Learning Budget, Certification Bonuses, Internal Bootcamps, Summit Days, Lunch & Learns and much more. And this is just the beginning. Check out all our other great benefits.
Welcome to Architech.
- Learn and work with the latest web, mobile and cloud solutions and technologies.
- Respond to frontline tickets from clients.
- Conduct troubleshooting and analysis to determine root cause of outages and systems issues.
- Be part of a team that’s excited and proud of the products we build, maintain and support.
- Contribute and work with team members on minor enhancements to customer systems.
- Interact directly with Architech’s customer base, both by email and phone.
- Deliver front end focused solutions on applications built by Architech that are supported by a wide range of technologies.
- Provide support for diagnosing, reproducing and fixing software issues with a focus on front end and CMS technologies.
- Monitor various scheduled health dashboards on a regular basis.
- Perform and coordinate application deployments to production environments as required.
- Perform configuration changes in staging and production environments.
- Manage production system change requests for patching and monitoring changes.
- Follow standard procedures to ensure compliance with audit and security requirements.
- Resolve escalated customer complaints without the need for Service Delivery Manager intervention.
- Manage communications and expectations with client and ensure positive relationships.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of technical resources such as knowledge base articles and technical documentation including training, troubleshooting, deployment procedures, root cause and remediation.
- Participate in off-hour, rotating shift support coverage as set by your manager.
- Post-secondary education relating to information technology, engineering, math or business.
- 5+ years providing high quality, hands-on application support.
- Understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Knowledge of modern CSS, CSS frameworks, and CSS preprocessors such as LESS.
- Knowledge with JAVA and SQL and experience with revision control (Git) (Desired).
- Experience Troubleshooting Linux network layer.
- Hands-on knowledge of application support monitoring solutions, along with networking, servers, and system monitoring tools.
- Strong analytical skills with confidence to make critical decisions about application support best practices in time-sensitive cases.
- Possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong expertise in learning new technologies and understanding how to use them in a customer-facing environment.