Senior System Infrastructure Analyst
Payments Canada allows employees to work in an environment that best promotes their health and productivity, while providing quality in-person events and office experience. We aim to hire locally within the greater Ottawa and Toronto regions.
| Get to Know Us
We are a unique organization at the center of the payments ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous.
In 2021, we cleared and settled more than 8 billion transactions, totaling $135 trillion, or $539 billion each business day.
Payments Canada employees are committed to making payments safer, more accessible and secure for all Canadians. This is where our country connects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvxucqX6dY
| Our Culture
We are a collaborative, diverse and passionate group of individuals. We support one another, make impactful contributions to the organization, and develop and nurture meaningful connections across our ecosystem!
Come and join us - Where payments meet purpose!
Senior System Infrastructure Analyst
| About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Infrastructure, the Senior Systems Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for providing technical services, specialized advice, recommendations and support in the development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of Payments Canada’s Information Technology (IT) infrastructure for both internal service delivery and external clients. This includes participation in the identification, evaluation, and development of a series of technology standards used by Payments Canada as well as in activities associated with the periodic auditing of other IT areas.
| What you’ll do
Under direction and in collaboration with the Lead, Systems Infrastructure, the Senior Systems Infrastructure Analyst provides expertise and execution of technical project activities as part of the IT Infrastructure teams, participating in the research, identification, and evaluation of strategic products and services required for implementation of Technology Standards.
- As a technology generalist, perform the setup, testing, implementation, and ongoing management of various system infrastructure related hardware and software products and/or services. Key technologies may include: Microsoft Windows Technology (Windows Server and Active Directory), virtualization (VMware), storage (SAN), Google Workspace (GSuite), networking, and supporting tools for operations, monitoring and automation;
- Act as a technology prime/SME for one or more of the key IT infrastructure services, with responsibilities to implement, manage and develop these technologies, including roadmap proposals;
- Draft, publish, and/or review various support documents, including the installation, operations, and user guides;
- Participate in the development and implementation of formal project onboarding/delivery;
- Provide level 2 technical support for the technical configuration of hardware, software, and/or services implemented. Coordinate the timely escalation of problems to vendor organizations (Level 3) using the defined support channels. Monitor the progress of problems escalated to vendors;
- Participate in the establishment and/or review of a series of Technology Standards for use at Payments Canada.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a computer related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with increasing responsibilities;
- Experience with one or more of Payments Canada’s supported technology products, tools, and/or services;
- Experience in leading IT initiatives and/or projects;
- Experience in guiding and training technical staff;
- Participation in an on-call support rotation, along with overtime and travel outside of the Ottawa area may be required;
- Government of Canada Level II Secret Clearance, or eligibility to obtain.
Hands-on, recent expertise in products and technologies relevant to their area of expertise:
- Windows Infrastructure: Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, GPO, PowerShell
- Tools and Automation: Monitoring (SolarWinds preferred), patching solutions, device management, etc;
- VMware virtualization, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure;
- Identity and Access Management;
- Ability to define and automate IT infrastructure processes and procedures.
Working knowledge expected:
- GSuite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Hangouts, etc.);
- Storage: SAN/NAS (NetApp technology preferred);
- Networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi technology, VLANs, firewall technology;
- Change management processes;
- Security fundamentals.
Nice to have:
- Linux infrastructure: installation, configuration, troubleshooting, overall management;
- Database Administration (infrastructure aspects): installation, configuration, troubleshooting, overall management, preferably MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL;
- Exposure to ServiceNow;
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) infrastructure, DevOps tools and technologies;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Based on qualifications and experience: $91,801 and $114,751
| Payments Meets Purpose - What you can expect from us
- Flexible hybrid (remote/office) environment;
- Competitive compensation package, including annual variable bonus and defined contribution pension plan with employer matching percentage (if eligible);
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit coverage, including mental health coverage, life insurance and a health spending account for you and your dependents (if eligible);
- Paid time off: minimum four weeks paid vacation, sick and personal days, December Holiday Shutdown and Cultural Holiday Observance Days;
- Paid maternity and parental leave top-up;
- Rewards and recognition program.
|Our Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Commitment
At Payments Canada, we are committed to making everyone feel they can be themselves and thrive at work. We will continue to build on a foundation of respect and appreciation for diversity in all forms and collectively create an inclusive and equitable culture where our differences are valued.
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation by emailing email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residences. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be conducted virtually or in person.