Senior UI/UX Designer
Who we are
HomePorter is a virtual home care solution that simplifies the challenges of managing the multitude of maintenance issues that come with home ownership. instant access to information about their homes, empowering them to take control and feel confident in managing them. Our goal is to empower homeowners with instant access to information about their homes, allowing them to take control, feel confident, and limit the loss of value, time, and money that can occur as a result of home maintenance issues and costs. As a startup with the impressive financial backing and expertise of R-LABS* and The Co-operators Group**, we are building a cutting-edge platform that empowers homeowners with on-demand unbiased advice, smart search information, and action plans that cater to specific needs and circumstances.
Who we need
We are looking for a creative, analytical, and practical UI/UX Designer to join our team and bring our brand to life through an exceptional user interface and experience. You will lead the visual design and intuitive layout of our new home management products and features that will meet the needs of an untapped market: homeowners seeking to optimize the enjoyment of their biggest investment. You will work closely with business, product, and development teams to ensure that our products meet the expectations of our customers and the highest standards of user experience and design.
What’s in it for you
Opportunity. You are a passionate UI/UX Designer seeking the challenges and creative rewards of building a consumer product from a blank slate. You want to channel your passion for building incredible and responsive user interfaces with intuitive user experiences in a customer-focused setting.
Impact. This is your chance to see your ideas come to life using the latest tools, approaches, and best practices to set high-quality standards for visually delightful and engaging products and features at a company that is solving real-world problems.
Influence. Your voice, your technical expertise, and your enthusiasm will directly contribute to our operational and market success.
- Take a user-centred design approach. You will lead the design of our consumer products, ensuring that they are user-friendly, visually appealing, and intuitive. You will conduct user research and usability testing to generate meaningful insights that will drive creative concepts, inform design decisions and influence iterations. You will translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and clickable prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, leading to intuitive user experiences.
- Document. You will apply your findings to document detailed UI designs and specifications for the product and development team, create and maintain design systems and style guides to ensure consistency across products, and develop user manuals for customers.
- Collaborate. You will collaborate cross-functionally and with internal and external stakeholders to grow your understanding of user needs, requirements, and constraints. You will work with developers to ensure that designs are implemented accurately and meet design specifications.
- The passion. You are passionate about UI, UX and other design and innovation areas, continuously researching and trying the industry’s latest trends and technologies. You adhere to and can promote an iterative design approach.
- The experience. You have extensive and varying experience in UI/UX designing for responsive web and mobile applications. You demonstrate an in-depth understanding of design principles. typography, colour theory, and information architecture. You have a portfolio demonstrating your expertise in Human-Computer Interaction and designing complex solutions, applications and interfaces.
- The technical skills. You have proven capabilities in creating user journeys, storyboarding, building mockups and clickable prototypes, and documenting user instructions and manuals. You have experience using standard design software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools. You can apply user research methodologies and usability testing to measure success.
- The interpersonal skills. You have experience working with internal and external clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet their needs and vision. You are a relationship-builder and thrive in a collaborative environment, receiving, sharing, and applying feedback and constructive criticism. You can guide the work of junior designers. You have a respect for the diverse experiences and opinions of others.
If you are talented and motivated with 70% of what we are looking for and 100% of the passion, we encourage you to express your interest here. Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words and obligations at HomePorter. We are committed to going further, integrating these values into the way we work, who we work with, and above all, how we treat each other from our very first interaction. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, and other equity-seeking groups.
*R-LABS (“Our Labs”) is a partnership of innovative corporations and game-changing entrepreneurs focused exclusively on problems in real estate and housing. Through a proprietary venture-building platform, R-LABS co-creates and helps cultivate companies with new business models to generate a positive impact on the community and build considerable value. R-LABS=Return on Society + Return on Investment. You can learn more about R-LABS ventures here.
**The Co-operators Group Limited (CGL) is a Canadian-owned co-operative with over 70 years of history. Making people a priority and taking a long-term view of business decisions makes Co-operators fundamentally different from most insurance companies. Investing in strategic, sustainable, and innovative solutions, they remain true to their roots, putting the needs of clients and communities first. You can learn more about The Co-Operators Group here.