Senior UX designer
InnosphereRemote16 days ago
UX Designers are excellent analytical and conceptual thinkers that translate user needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into innovative design. This position requires a strong foundation in user-centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike. They are involved in all aspects of the design process from context-based research to storyboarding and presenting mockups to internal clients. Success depends on close collaboration and partnerships with end-users and subject matter experts, as well as product and technology counterparts.
This position will take ownership of a domain to envision and craft conceptual frameworks, interaction design and the overall user experience of new products and major enhancements – ensuring that it is all optimized for efficiency and clarity. They work closely with development teams, product managers, and end users to synthesize our ideas and needs into user-focused designs. The ideal candidate would be able to understand constraints quickly and be able to both produce and communicate creative design solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure effective involvement of end users in early product definition, rapid evolution of design concepts and formal evaluation and usability testing
- Conduct contextual inquiry with end users and document findings for collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Create storyboard and workflow documents that communicate the overarching experience of multi-step interactions
- Generate low and mid-fidelity concept mockups to solve identified user needs
- Instill a disciplined approach to developing a consistent, rational user experience
- Work with partners and stakeholders in an agile environment to support the development and productization of design ideas
- Support design decisions with research, data, & best practices
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in product user interaction or user experience design, ideally in complex data, collaboration, workflow, and document management products for enterprise users
- A track record of applying common User-Centered Design practices and tools to solve tough design problems
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean UX methodologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to quickly and iteratively build interactive prototypes to validate designs.
- A demonstrable portfolio of work
Founded in 1997, Innosphere provides technology staffing solutions to clients across North America. We have specialized in remote work for over 15 years. Our staffing solutions include fully managed development teams coupled with expert consulting, full-time hiring, and flexible staffing.
Innosphere is a permanent remote company but we do have offices in Guelph and Kitchener-Waterloo to provide employees opportunities to work intermittently in an office environment. We have collaborative space for meetings, lunches, and company events. Our employees have the freedom to choose where they prefer to work.
Innosphere is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities to learn new things and to work with the latest technologies.
When we hire, we look for people who embody our core values:
· Honesty - We believe in acting with authenticity and integrity—being candid and transparent in all that we do.
· Understanding – We value taking time and investing resources in order to deeply understand those that we interact with.
· Adaptability - If something is no longer working, we are not too proud to change. Our strength lies in our ability and willingness to grow, adjust, and try something new.
· Partnership - We believe in active collaboration, working together toward the same goals, and celebrating success together.
Life as an Innospherian
Who we are and how we work:
· Work from home or office
· Flexible work schedule
· Open door policy
· Team owned deliverables
· Virtual water cooler talk
· Open office floor plan
· Team based strategic planning
· Daily stand up
· Group brainstorming sessions
· Charity Initiatives
· Promote from within
· Casual dress
Some other perks:
· Breakfast, pop, snacks, beer, and coffee always on tap in our kitchen
· Frequent catered lunches
· Generous time off
· Free gym membership
· Above average benefits (Dental, Health, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life, Dependant Life)
· Yearly professional development budget
· Regular company outings and family events (VR night, Raptors games, axe throwing and more)
· Employee lotteries (for Raptors tickets, cool tech etc.)
· Lunch and Learns
Innosphere welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. All applicants are subject to a criminal, educational, and employment history background check. Must be currently residing in Canada and legally permitted to work in Canada. Please reply directly to this post with a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time, Remote
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year plus Benefits