A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change. Our team are the general managers of commercial and internal products. They sit at the intersection of the business, user experience, and the technology that solve our customer and end-user problems. They design, develop and manage activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life. Product Management’s involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades, maintenance of the product or product line. For commercial products, it also includes commercialization, Go To Market planning, sales, and other key business support activities.
We’re looking for a passionate, creative, talented, and experienced UX leader to join PwC Products & Technology as the Experience Design Lead. P&T identifies, develops, and commercializes products built on emerging technologies that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Building these new, great products requires an understanding of our users, and how to design interfaces and solutions that efficiently addresses their pain points in a manner that is not only efficient, but enjoyable.
Purpose-led work you’ll be part of
As a Senior UX Designer, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Define UX Strategies and Activities (20%)
- The Senior UX Designer will Lead will plan and execute UX projects from shaping the strategy, defining the roadmap, and resourcing to successful execution, review, and iteration
- Presenting design solutions and demoes to delivery teams and wider groups of business stakeholders
- Steer primary and secondary experience research efforts to ground solutions in deep and insightful representations of user attributes, pain points, motivations, and of the activities users carry out
- Create meaningful and valid descriptions of users and their interaction with our products through the creation of personas and customer journey maps
- Steer user testing sessions, identifying opportunities to iterate on solutions and presenting findings to relevant stakeholders
Create UX Designs (65%)
- The Senior UX Designer will design impactful and innovative experiences for users that align to defined UX strategies and are consistent with best practices in information architecture, interaction design, and established usability heuristics
- Able to adhere to existing brand guidelines and design system
- Balance experience design with business and technology capabilities and limitations
- Create interactive prototypes with varying levels of fidelity and interaction
- Plan, execute, probe, and report on usability tests of your wireframes and designs, and refine accordingly, iterating with increased levels of fidelity until the solution has reached or exceeded its success targets and defined KPI’s
Contribute to UX Competency and Practice Management within PwC P&T team (15%)
- The Senior UX Designer will build trusted relationships with end users and stakeholders by listening, understanding, and catering effectively and creatively to their pain points and goals
- Play a vital role in continually evolving the PwC Products’ Design practice by hosting workshops, mentoring junior practitioners and being the resident expert on all things UX
Experiences and skills you’ll use to solve
- Must have experience managing 2-4 direct reports
- Work experience, training or education in a foundational field of UX – including human-computer interaction, digital media design, human factors engineering, information studies, psychology
- Full-time work experience, with experience conducting user experience design
- Experience with Industry standard tools and frameworks such as, Sketch for Mac/Figma and Azure DevOps
- Has had experience creating or is familiar with (either on their own or as part of a team): Wireframes, Personas, Customer Journeys, Mockups, High Fidelity Prototypes, WCAG 2.0 guidelines, Primary/Secondary User Research Methods, Workshop Facilitation, User Interviews, Rapid Prototyping
- Candidates with prior knowledge or experience with the following technologies preferred: Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills in conducting discovery and validation workshops and interviews with potential and existing users, both face to face and over calls; presenting designs during product demos, speaking to the creative and design process and supporting design resolutions made on the journey, assisting in the strategy and creation of marketing materials for the related Product; corresponding via email both internally and externally; helping conduct Design Sprints with internal team members during early Product Design stages
- Ability to juggle conduct and overseeing UX Strategy and Design for multiple products over varying lifecycles (short, long, intermittent), and understanding how to prioritize accordingly
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
Why you’ll love PwC
We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc.
Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like.
Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable.
At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We’re committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We’re committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best please let us know during the application process.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at PwC Canada:http://pwc.com/ca/diversity-inclusion. Be a part of The New Equation.