Senior UX Researcher
InnosphereRemote16 days ago
The UX Researcher is a multi-disciplinary team player who can quickly learn our organization's needs and culture, and take responsibility for leading qualitative, usability-oriented customer research initiatives that assist our team in making critical design decisions regarding current and future products.
The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a customer advocate and is passionate about gathering insights based on direct observation and behavior to create user experiences that are intuitive, satisfying, and easy to learn and interact with.
The UX Researcher will collaborate closely with interaction designers, product and technical managers, developers, subject matter experts, and both internal and external customers.
The person in this dedicated role will be actively hands-on with all strategic and tactical activities for planning, executing, and analyzing user research initiatives in a fast-paced environment; Can evangelize the value of user research and UX activities; Provide strategic direction, leadership, and guidance on incorporating user research methodologies into the product design and development lifecycle.
This is a very visible, customer facing role, and so it is important that the candidate has a professional, confident, and polished demeanor, is outgoing and articulate, and can easily adapt to new situations, people, and environments. Travel may be involved where applicable and can be more prevalent when pandemic-related restrictions are no longer in play.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Quickly synthesize business objectives and customer needs
- Develop a UX research approach, schedule, and detailed test plan for a given product scope
- Plan, recruit, script, facilitate, collect, analyze, and document usability data
- Identify and articulate potential usability issues both verbally and through documentation
- Transform the data into prioritized, actionable recommendations
- Clearly communicate usability analysis, recommendations, and potential design solutions
- Create persuasive presentations geared towards product owners, developers, visual designers, other UX team members, and C-level executives
· Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field
· 5-10+ years of experience applying research to interactive design, prototyping, and product development for preferably with rich Web-based applications, or platform-level tools
· Expertise in:
o Usability testing methodologies
o Rapid Iterative Testing & Evaluation (RITE)
o Qualitative and Quantitative data analysis
o Heuristic Evaluations
o A/B and Multivariate Testing
o Analytics and KPIs
o Survey Evaluation
o Card Sorting
o Ethnography/Contextual Inquiry
o Remote Usability Testing
o Other UCD methods
· Strong, analytical problem solving, decision-making, and leadership skills
· In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
· Familiarity performing studies in a usability lab and field environments
· Familiarity with data-logging tools and systems such as Ovo Studios, Morae, Camtasia, or similar
Founded in 1997, Innosphere provides technology staffing solutions to clients across North America. We have specialized in remote work for over 15 years. Our staffing solutions include fully managed development teams coupled with expert consulting, full-time hiring, and flexible staffing.
Innosphere is a permanent remote company but we do have offices in Guelph and Kitchener-Waterloo to provide employees opportunities to work intermittently in an office environment. We have collaborative space for meetings, lunches, and company events. Our employees have the freedom to choose where they prefer to work.
Innosphere is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities to learn new things and to work with the latest technologies.
When we hire, we look for people who embody our core values:
· Honesty - We believe in acting with authenticity and integrity—being candid and transparent in all that we do.
· Understanding – We value taking time and investing resources in order to deeply understand those that we interact with.
· Adaptability - If something is no longer working, we are not too proud to change. Our strength lies in our ability and willingness to grow, adjust, and try something new.
· Partnership - We believe in active collaboration, working together toward the same goals, and celebrating success together.
Life as an Innospherian
Who we are and how we work:
· Work from home or office
· Flexible work schedule
· Open door policy
· Team owned deliverables
· Virtual water cooler talk
· Open office floor plan
· Team based strategic planning
· Daily stand up
· Group brainstorming sessions
· Charity Initiatives
· Promote from within
· Casual dress
Some other perks:
· Breakfast, pop, snacks, beer, and coffee always on tap in our kitchen
· Frequent catered lunches
· Generous time off
· Free gym membership
· Above average benefits (Dental, Health, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life, Dependant Life)
· Yearly professional development budget
· Regular company outings and family events (VR night, Raptors games, axe throwing and more)
· Employee lotteries (for Raptors tickets, cool tech etc.)
· Lunch and Learns
Innosphere welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. All applicants are subject to a criminal, educational, and employment history background check. Must be currently residing in Canada and legally permitted to work in Canada. Please reply directly to this post with a cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time, Remote
Salary: $100,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year plus Benefits