Creative MarketToronto, ONa month ago
Creative Market is the world's leading marketplace for design — a platform where creators from across the globe buy and sell digital high-quality design assets. We are fully remote across Canada and the US, and are passionate about building tools and experiences that make design beautiful, effective, and accessible to everyone. Our platform is used by millions of customers and we’re growing rapidly. We need your help to continue to craft our product with purpose and intention.
As our in house SEO expert, you will be responsible for establishing and leading a cross-functional discipline to continue growing our organic presence.
As a SEO Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining a high-level strategic vision for organic search, along with a detailed channel roadmap that works to bring that vision to life. You’ll be expected to tie the value of organic search to broader marketing team and company-wide goals.
- Partnering with product, design, engineering and analytics teams to execute strategic projects against the organic search roadmap. You’ll also need to quantify and measure the impact of your work and define a timeline for those outcomes.
- Developing and driving our external backlinking strategy to help bring high quality traffic to our site and drive new business to the marketplace.
- Building all project documentation from high-level summaries for executives to individual requirements for engineers.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on various team’s roadmaps looking for impact to organic search and areas to partner around shared goals. This also includes QAing outgoing work to ensure “do no harm” for organic search and partnering with engineering to find the best path forward.
- Creating and maintaining a backlog of work associated with organic search improvements, generated through onsite audits and contemplative analysis.
- Maintaining and monitoring analytics tools associated with organic search, looking for establishing trends, impacts from recent work or consequences of industry changes.
- Creating and owning a strong narrative about organic search at Creative Market and its performance. Develop a strong opinion on relevant KPIs and measure against them tirelessly.
- Working to level-up the understanding of organic search across the organization. This includes sharing projects with the team, reporting on results, and finding opportunities to educate your peers and cultivate alignment around organic search holistically.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in SEO with a proven track record of successfully developing, managing, and implementing successful large-scale SEO initiatives and delivering effective results (experience working in a marketplace or with an e-commerce business).
- You have an understanding of acquisition and top of the funnel, and where organic search fits into the mix and how it plays with other channels to create a comprehensive strategy.
- You are detail-oriented, process-driven, and organized. Building comprehensive documents and project requirements, keeping multiple projects moving forward simultaneously, and maintaining timely communication to outside teams should be second nature to you.
- You are comfortable working with large datasets, know what to look for, and have the ability to spot a trend others might miss.
- You are a problem solver and a persistent investigator, able to identify the root causes of changes in key metrics and run tests to validate your hypotheses.
- You possess extensive knowledge of today’s SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, and passion to stay abreast of news and trends in SEO and online marketing.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are able to effectively communicate and build relationships across the organization including engineering and product.
- You have an extensive understanding of critical SEO analytics and research platforms (e.g. Google Search Console and API, Google Analytics, Google Adwords Keyword Tool, etc.), as well as familiarity with various third party SEO analytics solutions such as Moz, Ahrefs, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, STAT Search Analytics, etc.
- BS or BA (quantitative field is nice to have but not necessary).
At Creative Market, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Creative Market team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere: We are a 100% distributed team.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Unplug: Get at least 25 days of paid time off every year + 20 official company holidays (we celebrate both US & Canadian holiday calendars). We also take a week of rest during the last week of December!
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro/Air and all the tools you need to do a great job
- Get your learn on: We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family leave: Paid parental leave for all new parents.
- Perk up: Monthly coffee budget so you’re not just loitering at coffee shops.
- Keep the interwebs on: Monthly internet stipend!
- Buff up: Gym and exercise reimbursements to support you in staying healthy.
- Save up: Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out: Meet up with your remote team face-to-face at least once annually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.