Helcim is looking for a knowledgeable SEO Specialist to join our Marketing Team at our office in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The ideal candidate is somebody who can step in and make an immediate impact by implementing a research-oriented approach to strengthening our organic sales channel. The SEO Specialist will be joining an already strong demand generation team and working within the Marketing Team to provide guidance and leadership to strategically produce and enhance content that impacts organic growth and acquisition.
- Identify, implement, and test various techniques for search engine marketing and website layouts
- Develop a long-term organic growth strategy and be able to effectively communicate the strategy across all relevant channels
- Serve as a liaison between the content creation and technical optimization teams
- Monitor website and user flows to continually suggest improvements and opportunities to streamline and optimize
- Implement and maintain an effective backlinking strategy
- Regularly monitor target keyword rankings and perform SEO forecasting
- Conduct frequent and consistent competitor keyword research
- Collaborate with the Marketing team including copywriters, data analysts, product marketers and other resources to ensure alignment across all relevant SEO channels
- Proactive problem-solver and decision-maker, with the ability to prioritize and develop relevant and engaging content
- Working knowledge of HTML and other coding languages pertaining to technical SEO
- In-depth knowledge of keyword research
- Solid understanding of SEO copywriting, internal and external link-building
- Experience in SEO, SERP and SEM
- Proven working knowledge of SEO tools
Helcim is a payments company that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We won the Canada’s Most Admired Award for Corporate Culture in 2021, ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech. Learn more about working at Helcim in our culture book The Way of the Helcim.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fuelled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!