At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 550 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our team. Do you want to use your expertise in IT and connect to a leading IT company in Western Canada and make a difference? As our Service Desk Analyst within our organization, you’ll do just that.
The key role of a Service Desk Analyst is to provide first-level technical support for all business and technology inquires for our external clients and internal teams through phone, email, and in person assistance. You will respond to user inquiries, assess problems and issues with IT equipment and applications, and help resolve these issues for users.
The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Service Desk Analysts need to balance creative and technical problem-solving, customer service, and collaboration to ensure that our external clients and internal teams can access and utilize the software and resources they need for work.
- Provide Tier 1 and some Tier 2 technical support for end user computing issues
- First point of contact for incoming support requests to the Service Desk via telephone, web portal, and email to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues
- Resolve problems and liaise with customers to find ways to continually improve services and processes, and keep customers informed on their problem status/resolution
- Troubleshoot issues and make decisions to assess customer priority and impact, and escalate issues to senior support if required
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed
- Setup, deploy, and troubleshoot PC's, peripherals and printers
- Log incoming Hardware/Software service requests into our service management system and manage tickets through successful completion
- Identify, prioritize, and perform work activities based on the changing needs of the work environment
- Clearly compose and deliver verbal and written information for technical and non-technical audiences to convey, explain, and educate customers on technical information and product
- Record, track, and document the service desk incidents, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Monitor helpdesk tickets assigned and respond to issues identified by the end-users in a timely manner
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs
- Work with other IT team members as appropriate to resolve technical problems and make improvements
- Continuous call monitoring and follow-up with client and staff - no call is completed until the client is 100% satisfied
- Provide IT business and application support services for projects and special requests
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed
- Help support peer training for new team members as required
Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an IT helpdesk role
- Experience configuring & troubleshooting Servers and Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Diploma in IT from recognized college or university or equivalent is strongly desirable
- Microsoft MD100/101, COMPTIA A+ and ITIL certifications is considered an asset
- Technical computer knowledge & troubleshooting skills is a must
- Demonstrated professional experience in a fast paced, customer service-oriented role
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have the ability to multitask