At Microserve, we're an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 550 team members and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
We are looking for a Service Technician to join our team in Edmonton, AB. The Service Technician is a professional who responds to onsite service calls for various clients. Duties include desk side and onsite troubleshooting of computers.
The Service Technician takes care of the regular and routine repairs including replacements. Providing service and client support during field visits or dispatches. Managing all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks. Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions.
The Service Technician should be well-versed with the functionality to explain the equipment operation better to the client. The technician will have to directly interact with the clients before the site visit. This will help the professional to ensure corrective measures are taken to rectify it. They should maintain a positive relationship with the clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintains, deploys, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs hardware and related peripherals for Desktops and Laptops.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades, or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Perform diagnostic repairs and preventative maintenance for our clients in the local area
- Required to repair PC/Workstation and laptops
- Delivery of technical services to end users, specifically in desktops and laptops
- Able to re-Image the workstation on client site.
- Record-keeping and asset management
- Configuring and reloading of Operating Systems (OS)
- Effective and timely use of call management and reporting tools
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through clear spoken and written communication
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience working in an enterprise/business IT environment
- At least 1-2 years of relevant hardware and software installation and troubleshooting experience for Desktops and Laptops.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive client service
- CompTIA A+ Certification or similar is considered an asset but not required
- PC/Laptop repair experience is considered an asset but not required
- Must have a reliable vehicle and driver's license (we offer competitive mileage reimbursement)
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)