Site Reliability Engineer
Creative MarketCanada15 days ago
Creative Market is the world's leading marketplace for design — a platform where creators from across the globe buy and sell digital high-quality design assets. We’re passionate about building tools and experiences that make design beautiful, effective, and accessible to everyone.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Creative Market - you get to do both, as part of a fully remote, 30+ person team, working on a digital asset marketplace that has more than 4 million quality resources created by artists in over 190 countries around the world. We're searching for someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback and exhibits strong attention to detail to join our engineering team.
At Creative Market, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across Canada. We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We've seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
The Site Reliability team at Creative Market is responsible for building the infrastructure that is the foundation of our platform. You’ll work closely with a talented, mission-driven team to build the best possible platform while having a lot of ownership over your projects. We are consistently evaluating and modernizing our stack, as well as deepening our understanding and expertise in our technology choices. As a member of the Site Reliability team you’ll help define new systems and innovate on existing ones, empowering the entire organization with the tools they need to deliver the best possible product to our customers.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the rest of our engineering and product team to define and implement infrastructure components to support new and on-going product initiatives.
- Utilizing modern Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles to build the future of our infrastructure.
- Providing observability into applications and infrastructure through metrics, logging, and monitoring to ensure platform uptime.
- Ensuring ongoing availability, performance, security, and scalability of infrastructure components.
- Taking ownership of your work. Whether it's a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
- Being part of a team that values automating service resiliency so downtime doesn't wake them up at 4AM.
We believe it’s important for you to be:
- An expert in modern cloud computing platforms, tools and technologies; we use AWS, Datadog, Chef, Python, Ruby, and more. We’re looking for at least 3 years of experience in a growing engineering organization.
- Comfortable with remote work. We were 100% distributed well before Covid - we know how to succeed at it. You should be able to work independently (though we collaborate continuously).
- Knowledgeable about building large-scale technology and applications that are reliable, scalable, secure, and highly performant using industry best practices.
- A strong communicator; you can communicate in writing and verbally with clarity and precision. Clear written communication is critical in a remote work environment.
- Excited to grow. You love learning things and know the value of feedback and facing new challenges.
- A problem solver. You understand the challenges that come with scaling infrastructure for growth and are eager to find solutions.
- Quality-focused. You sweat the details because you know that millions of people will use what you build.
- A solid team mate. Whether it be in code reviews, pair programming or just chatting with your colleagues, the desire to help your team be better and stronger is a driving factor at Creative Market.
- Curious. With the support of the team, you want to see the bigger picture as an engineer.
At Creative Market, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Creative Market team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays - and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Retirement plans: to help you save for the future.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte - it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.