Social Media Community Manager
It starts with the planet and the people that tend and raise the food we eat. It ends on your table, delicious, healthy, cost-effective, and high quality. Our client, a food-tech company, founded on a mission to nourish people at a lower cost, a better value, and a greater selection, has a vision to bring the best to your kitchens. As they scale, they are looking for new team members who share their passion for food and quality.
With a commitment to launching their Canadian operations before year-end, our client is looking for a Community Manager. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will play a critical role within the Marketing Team, managing their online community in Canada. You will interact with customers (and potential customers) on a daily basis, fostering a positive experience and engaging with them across relevant platforms. The result of your work will shape, build, and promote the brand's reputation and set them up for success in the Canadian market.
What's in it for you
Exposure. You may be early in your career at an agency or, you are coming from an inhouse social media or community role. Either way, you are looking for the immediate rewards of applying your knowledge to build a Canadian presence from scratch. And, you would love to do it with a team that has fun and genuinely enjoys working together.
Stability and flexibility. You want to be part of a smaller team, balancing the startup energy with a resilient foundation. You will be one of the founding members of the Marketing team at a financially stable, flourishing brand with a robust international presence.
Professional development. You will be mentored, given the chance to take ownership, and be supported in pursuing diverse opportunities within the organization. This is a chance to be there from the start, embarking on a new launch in Canada, and contribute towards their growth plans.
Culinary training - and tasting. This is a company founded on a passion for quality and food. As someone who shares that interest, you will have the chance to participate in two weeks of food-focused training with the corporate head chef. With regular new products created in the test kitchen, there is always something to taste and try out.
What you will do
- Lead community management. You will apply your expertise in social platforms to understand unique user behaviours. You will build community engagement by driving positive conversations. You will conduct social listening exercises to identify relevant opportunities and trends, and respond to comments and questions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate on content strategy. You will build and maintain a monthly content calendar, content posting, comment moderation and engagement, risk escalation, and partner with the broader marketing team to generate ideas.
- Content planning and copywriting. You will work with the Content Manager and Designer to build organic social media content. You will leverage analytics, past performance and audience insights to optimize content and social programs.
What you bring:
- Experience. You have a social media and community management background with expertise across all current and emerging platforms. You have insights and plans of action for responding to changes in algorithms, the shift to reels, and creating engagement with prospective food-brand customers. You are a creative and strategic thinker with a strong community engagement focus, ideally with food retail experience, including creating social media marketing content plans strategies, defining ROI, and delivering tangible value.
- Determination. You are a self-starter, capable of taking matters into your hands and seeing them through to completion with minimal supervision. You have a winning attitude and are motivated to always surpass set targets concerning campaigns and how they relate to companywide sales and brand growth objectives.
- Growth mindset. You can seamlessly adapt to changes in timelines, the business, or the industry. You have insights into tracking and analyzing market trends, and applying findings to optimize community engagement. You have the confidence to take new ideas forward and the big picture vision to understand when the process works.
- Humble. You have effective and flexible communication skills, and thrive in a matrixed environment. You are a team player, able to build relationships with colleagues and customers. You enjoy collaborating with marketing storytellers, designers, and strategists as well as teams across the company to bring branding objectives and customer attraction and engagement targets to life. You respect the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of your team and you prioritize the team over yourself.
- Ownership. You have a profound commitment to the customer experience, and ability of technology to connect the two. You thrive in an evolving environment and take on different daily challenges enthusiastically.
- Passion. You have a love of food. You are excited to be part of a team making an impact on Canadians - and having fun doing it.
This is a company that respects and cares for their people, the plates in front of customers, and the planet. With strong values prioritizing quality above others, they are transforming the grocery experience.
If you share a commitment to better food at better prices and want to be part of building a brand and success in Canada, let us know. And, while we can't promise everyone an interview, if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications and 100% of the passion, express your interest.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.