- Location: This opportunity has the ability to be remotely based within Canada (except for QC), or onsite/hybrid/remote in the Vancouver, BC Lower Mainland.
- Annual Base Salary: $94,000 to $103,000 CAD
- Please note that employment is contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks and background checks, including a Canadian criminal background check.
- Please upload your application files in PDF format only.
C++ Software Developer (Level 3), PVR
Safe Software is looking for a talented C++ Software Developer to join our Point cloud, Vector, and Raster (PVR) Product Development team. In this role, you'll be responsible for reading, writing, and maintaining C++ code modules as part of the core FME Engine product, including spatial and non-spatial formats and transformers with various structures, specifications, and integrations with 3rd party tools.
About The Team
Our PVR team is a part of a larger Product Development group that primarily focuses on C++ development for our FME Desktop/Engine product. As a member of this team, you'll join a group of Software Developers, a Team Lead, Quality Analysts, and Co-op student interns (from time-to-time) on new feature development and support the end-to-end software development life cycle. The PVR team exists to create and maintain data access and processing capabilities that allow users of our FME Engine product to maximize the value of their data.
What You'll Be Doing
As a C++ Software Developer on the PVR team, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Write and design readable, maintainable, and performant code
- Read, understand, and improve existing code, including refactoring, improving, and modernizing
- Perform complex problem solving, analysis, and debugging to identify issues and potential solutions
- Write and maintain technical documentation based on code implementation
- Evaluate development tools and existing technologies for internal use
- Create and provide feedback on high level designs and code patterns
- Learn and leverage new and existing technologies to design and implement new modules and features
- Mentor junior developers up to their technical level, including design, tools, and processes
- Contribute to team meetings, providing feedback on plans and strategies based on their expertise
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
Safers come from a variety of backgrounds with diverse skills and knowledge. That said, we find that those who are most successful in this role have experience with the following areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a related role
- Technical Skills:
- Strong understanding of the C++ language and modern features
- Strong understanding of tools like Git, Visual Studio, Jira, and Slack
- Works well independently and in a team with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and eager to both teach and learn new skills
- Able to collaborate effectively and exchange meaningful feedback
- Able to exercise mature discretion and offer constructive critique on proposed solutions
- Able to exemplify both technical and non-technical ideas effectively in communications
What You Can Expect
When you choose a career with Safe Software, you’re also choosing…
- Meaningful Work: Make a profound impact across our business, workplace and data integration product.
- A Supportive Environment: Feel empowered to share your ideas and implement them with high autonomy and team support.
- Social Responsibility: Become a part of a team that finds meaningful ways to give back. Take the day off to volunteer for a cause that matters to you or join our D&I Committee and shape our collective future
- Learning & Career Development: We believe in your continuous learning and growth. Take advantage of an annual learning budget and training programs paid for by Safe.
- Flexible Working Hours: Flexible and remote-friendly work arrangements to fit your lifestyle. Work when you want, and how you want to.
- Work-Life Balance: There's no place for burnout at Safe. Maintain a healthy balance of your personal and work life without splitting yourself in two. Enjoy 3 weeks of vacation to recharge, plus an additional paid 6 seasonal days off per year.
- Health & Wellness: Extended health, dental and counseling benefits from day 1. That’s right, no waiting period.
- Shared Success: Share in Safe’s success with our bi-annual profit sharing and RRSP/TFSA matching program.
- An Accessible Commute: Regardless of your commute method, we’re located close to public transit, and provide complimentary parking and bike storage for our team!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 200 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.