DyspatchRemote20 days ago
Dyspatch is looking for a Software Developer to join our dynamic Engineering team. We care about great engineering culture and creating a product that helps people work smarter, not harder. As a member of our Engineering team you’ll work closely with the Product team, ensuring that customer experience is front-and-centre for all future features. We’ll also collaborate to groom and manage internal and external expectations for upcoming roadmap priorities. As a team we’re responsible for maintaining a planned and prioritized technical roadmap so we can get ahead of any technical debt slowing us down.
We value building reliable software that scales and we’re looking for the type of person who loves discussing and learning about great technical architecture, and how it applies to real features in production. If your work reflects your care and interest in user-focused development and great practices, we want to talk!
Annual Salary: $75,000 - $95,000 CAD
We’re based in Canada and this role is open to candidates who currently have valid Canadian work authorization (a SIN) and currently reside in Canada. Our core working hours are ~9 - 4 in the Pacific time zone, and we ask that you are able to have some overlap with us - both for meetings and for connection.
Our team is temporarily working remotely. The successful candidate will be asked to start as a remote employee and will have the option to work out of our Victoria, BC headquarters when the pandemic has ended or to remain fully remote. We're open to working with the right candidate to find the best solution.
Our Engineering Culture
- We value elevating our engineers as technical owners of projects to give them the opportunity to learn, grow and see their vision executed technically
- We have biweekly sessions to discuss our technical architecture and how we might improve it
- We tie our work to Engineering Values that we work to maintain together as guidelines for a great and healthy engineering culture
- We develop our own in-house markup language to make writing email HTML easier
- We care about the community and want to give back by running events offering mentorship and networking opportunities to help elevate a great tech community within Victoria
In the first 3 months, you will:
- Get ramped up on our tech stack and architecture, working closely with senior members of the Engineering Team
- Contribute to our codebase, writing readable, performant code with scalability in mind
- Complete your first project and deploy those changes to production systems
- Work with the Product and Customer Success teams to identify performance bottlenecks, propose solutions and lead implementations
- Ensure code you contribute has automated tests that run through our CI/CD pipeline to help maintain the reliability we expect in our platform
- Actively contribute to product planning sessions
- Build out traffic, performance and user action monitoring systems to collect data for future feature implementation
Within 12 months, you will have:
- Lead user-facing technical projects from start to finish
- Work with the Product team on high level software architecture and system design decisions
- Work closely with the Engineering team to coordinate feature releases on time
- Constantly experiment with creative solutions and new technologies to create exceptional customer experiences
- Contribute to our standards of technical documentation to maintain our commitment to building scalable systems
- Ensure that customer feedback is taken into consideration during any/all feature planning
Relevant Technical Knowledge
- TypeScript, Go, Python
- React, Node, GraphQL, gRPC
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcache
- AWS and Kubernetes infrastructure
Dyspatch is an email production platform that allows teams to streamline their entire email creation process and empower their email team to easily build emails with a library of pre-tested, on brand email blocks without needing to code. Our portfolio also includes Sendwithus, a transactional email template management platform ideal for SMBs.
At Dyspatch we believe that work should be transparent, engaging, and take place at a sustainable pace. We constantly strive to be better, to be more inclusive, and to push ourselves outside our comfort zones, caring deeply about our customers, products, and our coworkers. We work to grow the communities around us, as we all grow stronger together.
We want our Dyspatchios to be supported at work, and well-cared for in their lives outside of it, offering:
- Generous time off, starting with three weeks of paid vacation, a winter holiday office closure, and personal time to take care of life
- Paid parental leave, topping up to 10 weeks
- An extended health program supporting the physical and mental health of you and those closest to you
- An annual pro-d budget, and the support to take advantage of it
- A wellness program designed for all activity levels and interests
- Flexible, remote-first schedules, allowing you to work when and where you feel your best.
If this position interests you, reach out with an updated resume, and a few lines on why you want to join the Dyspatch team.
We understand that experience can be gained in many ways and that skills are transferable. If you’ve had a non-traditional career path, or if there’s anything you want to clarify about your resume, let us know.
We look forward to meeting you!