StellarAlgoCanada19 days ago
Who We Are
At StellarAlgo we are brought together by the belief that accessible and actionable data inspires the personalized and authentic experiences that create lifelong fans. Through a combination of trust, responsibility and support we believe in empowering our staff members to achieve big things where it comes to solving interesting problems with data. In fact, our biggest investment is in you; we give you what you need to focus on your professional growth and career development, all while developing software that directly impacts our customers and their fans. We will challenge you and you will be surrounded by people equally committed to the company’s success, allowing for constant collaboration.
The Role: Are you up for the challenge?
At StellarAlgo, we’re expanding and looking for an Agile Developer to join our talented and results oriented team. What do we mean by results oriented? You'll work closely with clients to understand not only what they want but what they need and help them solve some big and interesting problems. StellarAlgo is a software-as-a-service product company and you will be building out this exciting new product
What You'll Do
▪ Design, develop and test new web-based application features
▪ Architect and design back end data models to support the high-performance function of the SaaS applications
▪ Develop and refine prototypes to confirm requirements
▪ Participate in designing automated testing frameworks for software and data pipeline builds
▪ Author and maintain relevant documentation for developers, clients and users
▪ Program according to project plans (versions, sprints)
▪ Collaborate with our designers to create interfaces
▪ Learn and adapt from peer review of your own code
▪ Mentoring and growing junior staff members
▪ Support sales and project managers with technical insights, leading to the creation of budgets and schedules for projects
What We're Looking For
▪ 5+ years of delivering software with preference given to those who have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent certificate program
▪ Working knowledge of development languages and libraries – NodeJS, Python, HTML, CSS, Highcharts
▪ Experience with relational and non-relational databases – MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
▪ Understand containerization and deployment across systems with Docker & Linux
▪ Experience with cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
▪ Integrated with external third-party systems/platforms via API’s
▪ Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
▪ Strong communication skills to contribute working in a team environment with both technical and non-technical audiences
▪ (bonus) Experience performance tuning & optimizing large volume datasets for web-based applications
▪ (bonus) Experience with data science tools and statistical modelling
▪ (bonus) Experience with DevOps or Production Support
▪ (bonus) Experience breaking down user problems into stories and solutioning
Who You Are
You are someone who likes solving interesting problems with a team. You are passionate about building quality software products that solve real life problems and pain points for users. Who wants to learn and be mentored from seasoned professionals on the latest frameworks and patterns to support the best user experiences in a SaaS environment. You love to get at the root of a problem and work with others to create great outcomes and have a strong pride in what you produce.
You also have a curiosity about data and what data pipelines, analytical renderings and ‘big data’ frameworks that support machine learning and predictive model building would look like.
On top of this, you are comfortable working in cross-functional teams and can share insights and expectations with stakeholders, clients, team members and various levels of management.