Software Developer Fullstack
Ronin HRCanada (fully remote)12 days ago
Fullstack Software Developer - Fully Remote in Canada
Do you love to move fast and break stuff?
We have an amazing opportunity for someone to join a scrappy team of experienced entrepreneurs in one of Canada’s hottest startups. This startup is redefining the landscape of how brands interact with their audience. We are looking for a candidate who thrives in a high energy team, low ego team that never misses a chance to have fun in one of our remote social events.
A day in the life of a Fullstack Software Developer could mean you are:
- Working with some of the best and brightest building amazing features that delight customers
- Manipulating billions of social media data points within the product
- Working at your own pace with an open schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Testing how your feature will scale to hundreds of thousands of concurrent users in seconds
Besides being all around amazing talent (yeah, they know it) we also offer highly competitive salaries and the opportunity to work from anywhere in Canada. But wait, there’s more, they have a great benefits package for you and your family with health, dental, vision, and an HCSA.
The leadership team is looking to grow with you, and invest in your potential. Apply even if you don’t meet all the criteria below, you can wow us with your Github projects or show us your operational excellence super-power.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Product team developing and implementing new features that rewards users within a data exchange
- Implement a delightful user experience that touches both a browser extension and a responsive web app
- Provide feedback and recommendations on the product roadmap and have an impact on the company’s strategic direction
- Ensure smooth delivery of software through various test stages and into production and building out of the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with the development team to support changing needs in development, test and production environments
- Monitor and report on system status and application logs, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Ownership and delivery of high-quality software features from design to release including: conducting unit and system tests, monitoring in a production environment and triaging customer issues.
- Research and implement new technologies to improve production infrastructure
- Participate in culture building and laying the foundation for software development principles
- Provide feedback and peer reviews (design and code reviews)
- Assist in the ongoing scalability of the platform
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience as a full stack software developer
- Preferred experience in both node.js backend and building responsive applications in react.js
- Understanding of core DevOps principles
- A proactive individual who works well in a team environment
- A mindset of building quality software (TDD/BDD, unit testing, system testing)
- Understanding of AWS architecture and systems
- Experience with payment systems and social APIs an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with motivation and passion for your work
To apply for this position, send resume to Jobs@RoninHR.com
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada