Software Engineer 1
Garmin Canada Ltd.Cochrane, AB20 days ago
Sensor Hub Software Engineer – Cochrane, AB
As a member of the Cochrane Wearable Platform Technology team focused on the Sensor Hub system, you will be responsible for a low power platform that acquires sensor data that is used to create Garmin’s unique customer facing metrics.
This team's work currently supports over 40 wearables, enabling essential features for Garmin's customers. You will work directly with others across Garmin's product segments, including Fitness and Outdoor, and contribute to creating, productizing, and maintaining new technologies for consumer products that push the boundaries on size, power, and value.
At Garmin, a Software Developer focused on embedded development guarantees a robust, low-power system that can be easily integrated into multiple products. In this role, you will:
- Implement embedded software solutions, primarily in C
- Design well architected software modules to deliver new features or improve the capability and performance of existing features
- Provide reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Participate in peer code review and design review
- Decompose functional requirements into well-defined tasks
- Work with Electrical Engineers to turn on new processors and integrate new sensors
- Collaborate with developers, technical leads, and product managers to identify opportunities for new features or to improve existing processes
At Garmin Canada, we create more than just products – we inspire solutions and innovations that change and shape how we live, work and play. You’ll get to work alongside top talent from around the globe while working on cutting-edge products and enabling compelling ecosystems with ultra-low power wireless technology. Here’s why you want to work for us:
You’ll bring products to life. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. Become a key contributor to our exciting portfolio of Garmin products and help us bring our devices from concept to market.
You’ll love the location. Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, we’re located just 15-minutes outside of Calgary in Cochrane, Alberta. A retreat from fast-paced cities - Cochrane allows us to build relationships with the community and focus on what we do best – creating innovative solutions for unique use-cases in the ultra-low power wireless and sport industries. With many other tech companies calling Cochrane home, we can’t think of a better place to be!
You’ll love our office culture. Company BBQs, active sports, casual dress, volunteer opportunities, social committee organized events and the occasional sneak peak of new release movies allows team members to get to know each other outside the office.
You’ll receive fantastic benefits. Opportunities for professional development, no waiting period for vacation or our extensive benefit plan, RRSP matching, stock purchase options, product discounts and flexible work schedules are available for all team members.
You’ll be part of something big. Our open concept, open door policy office supports a fun, collaborate and supportive work culture. All our team members, regardless of their team, are encouraged to think big and share their ideas. Our team members are innovators, solution creators and outside-the-box thinkers ready to take on any challenge.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing science, software/electrical/computer engineering.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ or similar languages.
- Experience with build systems like Jenkins, and source control systems like Git.
- Must possess detailed knowledge of distributed software development methodology.
- Ability to work well with others across several locations world-wide in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience with working with teams who deliver software rapidly to changing market needs.
Other desirable qualifications:
- Experience in resource constraint embedded device development.
- Proficient in using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, and similar hardware
- Familiar with integrating into CI systems.