MistyWestAnywhere18 days ago
MistyWest is a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy specializing in prototyping and early-stage product development. Our mission is to advance the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. We specialize in intelligent connected devices and positive impact research projects.
About the Role
This role requires an ability to identify the core software requirements of a project, envision the architecture and communicate it with others. The candidate will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of project managers, engineers, and designers to complete both product development and research tasks in a variety of industries and market segments. They will create applications that interface with and control physical devices.
Candidates with additional experience in other disciplines (systems engineering, mechanical engineering, firmware, software or physics) are preferred. This role is remote-enabled, and we will be actively considering candidates from both inside and outside Canada.
MistyWest develops products in many innovative applications, bringing a variety of opportunities to learn something new. This role will require close integration with the rest of the product development teams, so good communication is a must!
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, electrical engineering or similar with 5+ years of professional software development experience in the industry
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud backend (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP) for securely connected IoT devices deployed at scale
- Familiarity with containerized application development (e.g. Docker) and serverless applications
- Strong programming knowledge in one or more of Python, Node.js, C#, C++
- Excellent knowledge of standard software development practices, testing and revision control (Agile software development, Git, Jenkins, CircleCI, QA tools, test-driven development)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple competing deadlines
- Professional-level English fluency (both written and spoken)
Nice-To-Have Qualifications (in order of preference):
- Exposure to DevOps
- Ability to function independently with little supervision as well as working effectively in a team environment
- Experience working in a client-facing role or at an engineering consultancy
- Multidisciplinary engineering experience or project management experience is an asset for this position
- Valid passport and the ability to travel internationally on occasion
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence preferred (although not required for this role)
- Banked time: MistyWest compensates our salaried staff for all overtime hours worked in excess of 37.5 weekly hours
- Paid vacation (4 weeks) and sick days (5 days) per year
- Generous parental and compassionate care leave
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan from Sun Life
- Flex Health Spending Account starting at $250, plus $100 every following year of employment
- $1000 discretionary Professional Development budget per annum
- 3 paid days off for Professional Development or Volunteering
- Flexible weekly schedule & hybrid remote work model + home office stipend
- Access to full laboratory and workshop for personal projects
- Well stocked corporate library & access to complimentary online learning subscriptions (Skillshare, Coursera, etc) on demand
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences like CES, SXSW, SIGGRAPH, and more
- Complimentary staff events like ski trips, parties, shared meals, and community events
- Working in an attractive, bright, open-plan, dog-friendly office in Mount Pleasant, with complimentary snacks and single-origin espresso service.
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience and the degree to which the candidate fulfills the various requirements of the role.
Total Cash Compensation for this role may range from $80,268 - $101,098, with profit sharing and banked time included.
In addition to the base salary, MistyWest offers a total compensation package that includes a dynamic salary top-up based on profit sharing, equity, banked time and benefits.
We are Westies. United as Impact Architects, diverse by expertise. We are engineers, mathematicians, roboticists, physicists, scientists, designers, researchers, and misfits who crave complex problems to radically pivot today, and realize a positive tomorrow, through impactful technology.
We target projects that have the potential for high-impact, whether it’s improving the human condition, impacting sustainability in a positive way, or otherwise moving us collectively to an inclusively abundant future. Our clients leverage our multidisciplinary team (industrial, mechanical, electrical, software design + engineering) to accelerate productization from ideation through advanced prototyping to alpha release.
We are inspired to transform what our world can be. With hard science, serendipitous discovery, and breakthrough technology. The journey is complex and failure-filled. The potential is unlimited and incredibly bright.
How to Apply
Please apply through the Workable application via our Careers Page. Be sure to include your resume, a cover letter explaining your unique value proposition to MistyWest and a picture of a baby animal in a hat. Applicants without this will not be considered. If you have a portfolio of past work either as a PDF or personal website, this is highly recommended to submit as well.
MistyWest is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We are actively working to reduce and eliminate barriers to entry for traditionally marginalized groups and individuals.
Code of Conduct
All Westies, as well as our potential candidates, clients, contractors, vendors, partners and community, are asked to read and align their behaviors to our Code of Conduct. You can read more about that here.
Have a question about our hiring or recruitment practices? Ask us! email@example.com