Software Engineer - React
JAM (Powered by Sport & Social Group) is your one-stop shop for all things PLAY! Whether you're looking to find Sports Leagues across North America, or book a hilarious virtual event for your team, JAM has it all! We are looking for a new teammate to join us on our exciting adventure, as we connect more people through play than ever before!
Candidates must be a great fit with the JAM Core Values:
- Chase the Vision
- Deliver What You Promise
- Take Pride in What You Do
- Get Shit Done
- Treat Everyone Like Your Best Friend
- Find a Better Way
The Software Engineer will be responsible for helping to build, improve, and maintain a React-based group of websites. Experience in React and related technologies is paramount.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Implementing new features for an existing product
- Maintenance, changes, and improvements of existing features
- Writing code that is reliable, performant, and contains minimal bugs (we’re all human!)
- Working with a cross-functional team to deliver items from a product roadmap
- 1-3 years experience working with React in production
- A good understanding of modern software development best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
ADDITIONAL "NICE TO HAVE" QUALIFICATIONS
Additionally, experience in any of the following is helpful (but not necessary):
- Database administration (structuring, optimization)
- Data warehousing and orchestration
- Design & UI/UX
- Build pipelines, CI/CD, deployment
- Containers (Docker, k8s)
- You will be working 37.5 hours per week
- Flexible hours amounting to the required weekly total, with core working hours 10am-4pm (exclusive of lunch!). For example 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm are all acceptable.
- This position is remote-friendly. If you’d like to work in the office (when safe to do so) that’s great! If you would prefer to be 100% remote that is also great. If you want a mix, we understand. Our office is located in Toronto, Canada near Yonge and Eglinton (midtown Toronto).
- $65,000-$75,000 CAD annual salary commensurate with experience
- 10 Vacation Days and 10 Personal Days
- Eligible for full benefits after 3 months
- Complimentary league play
NOTE: This is a one year full-time contract position, however it may become a long-term opportunity within our organization.
Application deadline will be Tuesday, February 21st at 10:00am EST.