In 2020, Viral Nation was voted the 4th fastest growing company in Canada. Viral Nation is a global digital marketing agency that specializes in influencer marketing, talent representation, social media marketing and management, and content production. Our influencers develop engaging and authentic content that drives real ROI, and likewise our creative and social teams develop compelling content that makes brands' social break through the noise of our cluttered feeds.
We are a company of digital and social natives that are passionate about delivering results. We are a team of entrepreneurs, ex-global agency leaders and big talent agency recruiters who came together with a shared vision to do things differently. We move at the speed of culture and evolve quickly as needed. We continue to do this successfully for some of the world’s largest brands, including Facebook Oculus, Disney, DC Comics, TikTok and Tencent.
We envision Viral Nation becoming a data and AI tech mammoth in the coming years and we are actively recruiting top talent technology professionals to help us get there and co-create innovative digital products that will go viral.
- Lead and design component and module architecture and write code for VN’s new digital platform and innovative web and mobile products, related components, and partner integrated applications.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic and, design and integrate data schemas and data storage solutions such as relational databases, key-value stores, blob stores on distributed architectures.
- Design, develop and implement scalable, low-latency, high-availability and performant web and mobile applications. Write reusable, testable, robust and efficient code at high quality levels, with clear identification of security and data protection measure implementation.
- Leverage TDD and use automated testing and unit tests.
- Provide end-to-end support of software systems from design through development to deployments and maintenance.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, DevOps and Ai/Data Science teams.
- Collaborate with the product team, share feedback from project implementations and influence the product roadmap and future micro-service/monolithic architectures.
- Ensure designs and code are well documented and suitable for use by customers and influencers and are ready to scale
- Be comfortable in a highly dynamic, agile environment without sacrificing the quality of work products.
- Stay current with emerging web and mobile technologies and trends.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a back-end and/or front-end full stack React, Node, Express and python developer
- Strong understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple products and distributed tech environments. Knowledge of TLS, OAuth2, OIDC, SSO, JWT is required.
- Strong knowledge of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software and distributed systems for SaaS products.
- Expert in web, mobile and desktop application architectures and best practices in tenancy, micro-service and monolithic deployments, understanding multiple delivery platforms and optimizing usage to match the roadmap of that platform.
- Experience with AWS services EC2, ECS, serverless computing, EBS, RDS, S3, IAM, ElastiCache, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, and CloudFormation
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of code versioning tools, CI/CD tools and processes; Git, Jenkins, Docker, CircleCI
- Experience with building mobile apps in React Native. iOS and Android native development experience is a plus.
- Experience in Machine Learning and/or Data Mining is a strong plus