Software Engineering Team Lead (.NET)
Who we are
At Personify, we build strong connections with our clients so they can build strong connections with their communities. One of the most diversified and fastest-growing technology providers of integrated software solutions, we are innovative leaders in the industry and respond to the needs of our clients through products that include:
- A2Z Events, a multi-event platform that enables clients to manage their events from start to finish, including floor plans, financials, managing contracts and sponsorships, and increasing engagement through mobile applications and a networking suite.
- CommUnity, an online community platform for those with common interests to connect, learn and collaborate.
- Wild Apricot, an all-in-one solution that automates and simplifies workflows enabling nonprofits and associations to manage their membership, streamline their processes, and make room for human connections.
- Member Clicks, an easy-to-use member management cloud solution aimed at small to medium-sized nonprofit organizations and associations.
- ThreeSixty, an enterprise management solution for associations, nonprofits, YMCAs and JCCs to engage, manage and grow their membership.
- And more.
At Personify, we're in the relationship building business, powering conversations, donations, events, and foundations through analytics, tools, and robust backend management systems. With 300+ employees in our offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Toronto, and as part of remote teams across Canada and the US, we're the people designing the technology that reaches 30,000+ clients resulting in 3B+ interactions a year with our products. Joining us is a chance to take your skills and expertise and build solutions for the real world that strengthen the connection between clients, their mission and their communities.
Who we need
We are looking for someone who makes smart, well-informed technical decisions and strives for perfection; a relationship builder, coach, and seasoned coder ready to move to the next level in their career. We need a Staff Software Engineer / Team Leader to join our Member Clicks squad. You will introduce and implement recommendations that capitalize on the potential of AWS, increase scalability, optimize performance, and facilitate management.
What's in it for you
Exposure, mentorship, collaboration, and career growth. This is a genuine opportunity to be an engineering-focused leader of a collaborative team, help other engineers to grow professionally, and play a critical role in making technical decisions. It's a chance to see your ideas come together - and land in front of end-users within weeks or days. With the goals of understanding the source code and independently building new features or modules within 12 months, this is a career-building opportunity. At Personify, we offer a balance between established and responsive. We are proud to say, many of our team members have been here for 5-15 years. And, we have people who've joined us recently. You will have the option to try new avenues and pivot back if that's what you need to do your best work.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead. You will spearhead large initiatives within the team, including technical design and delivery of complex features across multiple systems and the full redesign and rebuilding of existing platforms. You will work closely with Product, Design, and QA to deliver world-class experiences.
- Advise. You will develop a complete understanding of the product's infrastructure, architecture, and business behind it to offer the best technical guidance. You will stay current on cloud solutions and capabilities, evaluate tools and limits, and potentially incorporate them into your team's architecture. You will apply your insights and experience to make recommendations for overall application system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance. You will recommend changes to processes and tools at the squad, group, or department level based on industry standards, current design patterns, and modern practices.
- Build. You will identify, scope, and architect solutions for new features while considering technology alternatives and all impacts and tradeoffs. You will write code (a lot!), deploy CI/CD pipelines, optimize relational databases, and ensure we are developing high-quality, clean code for our scalable and resilient products.
- Coach. You will mentor and guide the work of team members, sharing knowledge and best practices in engineering techniques, processes, tools, and how to make better technical decisions. You will conduct code reviews, offer feedback, and empower others with the skills they need to succeed and contribute to the work we are all doing.
What you bring:
- The collaborative approach to team leadership. You understand the concepts of collective responsibility and ownership. You can coordinate work for a group of engineers on major initiatives. You can be the voice of your team and the business.
- The expertise. You have 7+ years of software development, working across the SDLC in a CI/CD environment. You have in-depth knowledge of:
- Computer science fundamentals and best practices.
- Coding standards and design principles/patterns.
- Building a system design for specific business requirements.
- Scaling infrastructure and developing products and features that fit into an ecosystem.
- Microservices and serverless architecture.
- The technical toolbox. You have skills in multiple languages, technologies, and frameworks and can quickly onboard to projects in minimal time. You have experience with:
- Key services for AWS :Lambda, ECS, RDS
- AWS deployment functions
- .Net core, including Web API and Entity Framework Core
- CI/CD and infrastructure as code (AWS CDK)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Modern front-end frameworks (React, or Angular, or Vue)
- The interpersonal skills. You have flexible and effective communication skills. You can build trusting relationships across any level, influencing decision-makers and inspiring teams.
Why join us?
We are committed to creating a balanced, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- We recognize and appreciate the varied experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge our team can bring to our culture, operations, products, and relationships internally and externally.
- We have an impactful recruitment diversity strategy to increase representation across the company at every level. And, we're working with our teams to create employee resource groups that further support our people in the safe spaces and ways they need to feel heard.
We're proud of our evolution. We promote -and live- a culture of not just listening but acting, making ourselves available and accessible.
We're a great place to work.
Guided by our values, inspired by our clients, and forging ahead with optimism and the commitment to service of a new President and CEO, Scott Collison, at the helm, Personify is driven by our purpose. We empower our clients, from small nonprofits to large enterprise organizations, to build strong connections with their communities, ultimately enabling them to achieve their missions. And, our leadership team brings profound expertise and a deep commitment to taking Personify to the next level.
With generous paid-time-off, flexibility, and the option to be fully remote, we prioritize the well being of our teams. Choosing where to power up their laptops empowers our employees to connect with each other and our clients from anywhere while meeting their life demands and without sacrificing their performance. In fact, we know it makes them do better, feel better, and enjoy being part of our company.
Recognized by Built In Austin in its Best Places to Work Awards in both 2019 and 2020, we spend our days creating a virtual place and physical space where people are comfortable being themselves, feel supported and heard, enjoy each other's company, and have an opportunity to shine.
Personify is a company made up of people who like to work with brilliant teams passionate about delivering exceptional solutions to our clients. We're a place to make an impact, see the difference, and accelerate your career doing something you love.
We know not everyone gains their education and skills the traditional way, so if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications you are looking for and you are ready to make a difference, submit your application. Of course, we can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider the full scope of who you are and what you bring.
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
Employment offers are contingent on the candidate successfully completing a background investigation in compliance with federal, provincial and local laws.