Software Licensing Specialist
Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
BC Pension Corporation is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID-19 while supporting our culture of community and connection in our hybrid workplace. We have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new employees, as a condition of their employment, to confidentially self-disclose to the Corporation that they are fully vaccinated (two COVID-19 vaccinations). Details about the COVID-19 verification process will be provided at the time of offer.
Hybrid Work Model
This position is located in our Victoria, BC office. You will have the opportunity to work part of the time on-campus and part of the time off-campus. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and vary according to the unique needs of each business area.
We are seeking a Software Licensing Specialist to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
The Software Licensing Specialist provides specialized technical and business support to ITS staff and clients regarding software acquisition, product pricing and licensing on various operating systems across the corporation. The Software Licensing Specialist is client focused, results oriented and committed to the provision of value-added services. The position is heavily impacted by changes in technology, and increasing demands for both on-premise and cloud-based software. The position provides a high level of technical assessment, troubleshooting and problem-solving support services. The position works with vendors who provide software to the Corporation, with staff who support clients and directly with the clients themselves, and therefore must have the ability to communicate and work cooperatively with the various parties.
This position is a part of the Divisional Business Office (DBO) business unit. The DBO is responsible for the stewardship of software assets across the Corporation. This includes administration, management, and control of all corporate software assets to ensure fiscal accountability and license compliance. DBO undertakes a portfolio approach to software asset management (SAM). All the major components of SAM (procurement, asset tracking, contract management, license management, vendor management and financial management) are undertaken for the entire lifecycle of the software asset. Our SAM program includes continuous improvement as we strive to ensure that significant cost savings are realized, business risks associated with the use of software assets are mitigated and enhanced decision support is provided.
What do you need to succeed?
· Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and two years of software asset management (SAM) related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
· Experience providing expertise, guidance, and assistance concerning software licensing direction, issues, and implications to IT professionals.
· Experience building and maintaining positive client relationships and working partnerships with client teams, vendors, and other business units within the public sector.
· Experience using Microsoft Office suite; in particular, proficient in MS Excel (e.g., using pivot tables).
Nice to have
· Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
o Experience with purchasing within a public sector environment;
o Experience with the following systems: ServiceNow, Unit4 Business World; and,
o Experience participating in and/or leading an audit
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com.