Delta Controls Software QA group in the Product Development team is looking for a QA Developer Lead to lead a QA team in developing automated tests, frameworks, manual test, and validating functionality of our backend software platform projects.
Work Mode: Hybrid (Three days a week to the office)
Work Location: Surrey
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Type: full-time, Permanent
About Delta Controls Inc.
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
The Software Quality Assurance (QA) Lead is responsible for ensuring that Delta Controls software will meet the needs and requirements of its end-users. In order to accomplish this task, the Software QA Lead must be proficient in test methods and procedures, and can comprehensively test and evaluate all products before releasing to production to ensure they meet design specifications, and are suitable for their intended application(s).
This includes designing test plans, strategies and automation, as well as documenting all test results in logs and reports; identifying bugs and operational anomalies, recording them for resolution by product development team, and verifying bug resolutions will satisfy the intended customers’ needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The standard responsibilities for all Software QA Specialists include but are not limited to:
- Testing software with the understanding of what bugs are critical to the end-user.
- Creating and maintaining test documentation.
- Creating new entries in our bug tracking software for any new bugs identified in the system.
- Verifying bug fixes are satisfactory on newly transferred build.
- Design, coding and maintenance of automation frameworks, tests and tools.
- Troubleshooting complex problems in software.
- Assisting Technical Services in providing product support.
- Acting as a resource to other departments on products and applications.
- Assisting with documentation for software manuals, and technical documents.
- Regularly identifying deficiencies in the test suite and ensures they are resolved.
- Identifying usability problems and making suggestions for improvement.
- Reviewing and evaluating all Product Development and user documentation, and generating additional notes to summarize undocumented features and differences from previous versions. Providing important input on an ongoing basis.
- Issue management. Monitors issues for workflow, priority and completeness.
Additional responsibilities specific to Software QA Lead include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and estimating QA activities on projects or features within a Line of Business
- Designing / creating test strategies and test plans for software development projects.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining automated test scripts, frameworks and tools.
- Drive the team’s testing and automation strategies.
- Participating in recruitment activities for the QA team.
- Providing detailed reports on progress and status of the product from a SQA perspective.
- Ensuring software process is followed. Examples: Vision Scope, build and turnover process, requirements are in place.
- Supporting junior members of the team.
The Software QA Lead has the authority to:
- Fail or accept bug resolutions provided from Product Development department.
- Raise software or documentation issues to a higher level if they feel it is warranted.
Required or Strongly Preferred Skills and Abilities
Standard requirements for all Software QA Specialists:
- Requires very good time management and organizational skills.
- A strong desire to continuously improve professionally.
- The ability to work well in pressure situations and meet established deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires a good understanding of the fact Delta Controls is a customer service driven organization.
- Proficient in the current technologies in place at Delta Controls.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
Additional requirements specific to Software QA Lead:
- Strong leadership, initiative and decision-making skills. Must be able to manage own time and workload under minimal supervision. Must be able to identify required course of action and execute.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of the Delta Controls product portfolio and applications.
- Demonstrates excellent product functionality and application knowledge.
- Demonstrates excellent overall knowledge of Test Suite coverage.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software test automation / development / scripting tools and languages.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technologies, designs and implementations in Delta Controls products.
- Knowledge of technologies, tools and frameworks used in industry.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of an accredited technology diploma program, undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or work experience equivalent
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in test development
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading a small team
- Knowledge of networked applications and systems, knowing where they can break and know how to test for quality, performance and resilience.
- Working knowledge of building controls, control theory, and electronics is an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of testing methods and procedures.
- Well developed troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Additional for Software QA Lead
- Formal SQA and/or software development process training from approved courses.
- Project management training is an asset.
- Release management – How well are releases planned and organized
- Issue management
- Test suites, test plans and documentation completeness
- Level of product knowledge of the Delta Control product portfolio and applications
- Adherence to the SDLC
- Test reporting
- Team development