Software Quality Assurance Lead
Delta ControlsSurrey, BC - Remote opportunities available5 days ago
Title: Software Quality Assurance Lead
Job number: 000495
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Development
Area: Product Development , Software Quality Assurance
Delta is looking for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist to join the team ASAP - this role will also oversee a group of 7+ Software Developers in Test/Software Quality Assurance Specialists.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is eligible to remote applicants (work from home or telecommute).
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us!
- In-house training, education and opportunities for growth.
- Financial benefits such as RRSP matching and life insurance.
- Health and family-focused benefits such as extended health, vision and dental benefits with employer paid premiums, onsite fitness center, reimbursement for gym memberships, travel insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Our employees are recognized through Service Awards and Employee Referral bonuses.
- Our location is transit accessible and we have free on-site parking.
- Three weeks of vacation after three years of employment.
- Depending on the role, casual or business casual dress is the norm.
The Software Quality Assurance Lead or Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is responsible for ensuring that Delta Controls software will meet the needs and requirements of its end-users. In order to accomplish this task the Senior QA Specialist must be proficient in test methods and procedures, is capable of extensively testing and evaluating all products before releasing to production to ensure they meet design specifications and that requirements are suitable for their intended application(s).
This includes designing test plans and strategies, documenting all test results in logs and reports, identifying bugs and operational anomalies, recording them electronically for resolution by Product Development and verifying bug resolutions will satisfy the intended customers’ needs. The Senior Software QA Specialist may serve as a Test Lead on a software project team.
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated test scripts.
- Serving as a Test Lead on a large software test team.
- Estimating test development and execution on large projects or features sets.
- Designing / creating test strategies and test plans for large software development projects.
- Providing detailed reports on progress and status of the product from a SQA perspective.
- Ensuring software process is followed. Examples are vision, scope, build and turnover process and ensuring that requirements are in place.
- Issue management. Monitors issues for workflow, priority and completeness.
- Participating in performance reviews of SQA people
- Planning and developing Test Automation frameworks.
- Delegates testing to other SQA employees.
- Adapting test strategies to changes in the product and industry direction.
- Participating in recruiting activities for SQA people.
Main skills required:
- Python Programming
- Test Automation Tools/Technique
- Internal Test Automation Frameworks
- Technical Writing
- Test Estimation for larger projects
- Test Automation - Plan/design
- System Analysis
- Knowledge of SDLC's (Agile, waterfall,etc.)
- Team lead, mentorship and supervisory experience.
- Successful completion of an accredited Technology Diploma program (Robotics, Instrumentation, Computer Control or other applicable technology diploma program.
- Fully competent in personal computers and current related software (i.e. Python, PHP, DOS , C, C++, Windows Operating systems and servers, Microsoft Office, Linux).
- Working knowledge of controls and control theory, and electrical and electronics is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of testing methods and procedures.
- Well-developed trouble-shooting and problem solving skills is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of test automation tools.
- Project management training is an asset.
Years of relevant experience required: 4 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree, Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
Keywords: Software Quality Assurance, Product Development, Remote