Software Security Architect
Altus GroupToronto, ON15 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the real estate investment industry. Reporting to the Senior Director, Information Security, we are adding a Software Security Architect. You will be a crucial player introducing security at every stage of design for the platform working in collaboration with the global Information Security team, Data Architects, and the Development team. Beyond the initial stages of the new platform, you will play a key role in leading information security design across our global suite of products and building out a security maturity framework for implementation across the organization.
Who you are
You may be a Senior Developer, Senior DevOps Engineer or a Software Architect. You have extensive experience working alongside or as part of the development team at every stage of the SDLC. You have hands-on experience with authentication, encryption, or embedding other forms of cybersecurity into applications or products. You have an interest in further specializing your expertise to focus on Information Security in software. You want to be part of building something new with great visibility across the organization and endless possibilities ahead as we continue to scale.
What’s in it for you?
Unparalleled exposure and impact. You will work alongside development, architecture, and product teams at the top of their game. You want to be part of architecting something new with high visibility across an organization as we continue to grow and scale. You will have a crucial role in building a groundbreaking data platform and the associated cloud products.
Knowledge sharing and leading technology. Information Security is our top priority. We are actively pursuing modern technologies, tools, and approaches. You will be part of a dedicated Information Security team working to solve complex software security design and implementation problems. You will be part of a collaborative team that fosters a learning and knowledge-sharing environment, enthusiastically pursues best practices, and continuously evolves their tech stack and our approach to security.
Career development. This is an opportunity to be part of defining and driving our Information Security strategy as we aggressively expand our cloud platform to extend our market leading position. You will thrive as part of a team contributing vital security information, guidelines, and best practices as we continue to build great products. Joining now is a chance to develop and work with best-in-class global peers. As we continue to scale, so will your career opportunities with us.
Our new Software Security Architect will:
- Lead the design of secure architecture. You will work closely with the Software Architects to embed security into every stage of the design and development phase of new products; and across our global suite of cloud products. You will periodically respond to client security inquiries through written documentation or oral presentation.
- Provide insight. You will research, evaluate, and recommend technology solutions based on the latest trends, applications, and security best practices. You will act as a subject matter expert, sharing knowledge, libraries, and examples with architects and developers.
- Promote the prioritization of information security. You will enhance the secure development lifecycle and automated security testing as part of the CI/CD pipeline. You will perform threat modelling and design reviews. You will champion security and coach adopters on technologies, approaches, and processes.
- Build a security maturity framework. You will continuously assess security maturity and build enhancement plans using methodologies such as OWASP, SAMM, and BSIMM. You will collaborate with the information security team to provide visibility into security risks and align with corporate standards.
Our new Software Security Architect will have:
- An eagerness and ability to learn quickly. You have a devotion to evaluating and appropriately applying emerging and alternative technologies, frameworks, and methodologies.
- A commitment to collaboration. You thrive working with peers and across inter-disciplinary groups to build great, highly secure products. You have a way of speaking, writing, and relaying information that engages people and expresses appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches.
- The education and experience. You have a university degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology. You have extensive Security, Development, or DevOps in FinTech, PropTech, a software development team within a financial institution or a large technology company. You have a proven ability to craft security controls such as authentication or encryption for new and existing products. You have exposure to working with architects on security as code.
- The bonus skills, nice to have but not required. You can identify, implement and roll out software security protocols across cloud products and you have an understanding of MITRE, ATTACK, NIST, CSF, and CIS Crisis Controls. You can articulate security requirements for build-and-develop pipelines. Ideally, you have security certification such as CISSP or CCSP, or CCSK.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.