Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday; 35 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Pay Band: 10
Salary Range: $77,520 - $96,900
Posting Date: January 31st, 2023
Closing Date: Open until filled
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. Supported by a new strategic plan we are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Think Big and Shape the Future!
At Mohawk College, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will be influencing higher education delivery through innovation, developing new technology solutions, and providing expert advice to our internal business partners. You will be doing work that matters to students, employees and local communities, in an environment built on teamwork, collaboration, shared purpose, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the design of end-to-end technical solutions spanning Enterprise systems and core infrastructure. The Solution Architect is a passionate technologist and influencer; bringing valuable hands-on experience to drive us toward our adoption of cloud technology and modern system integration for emerging Enterprise information systems, and resilient architectures for crucial business applications.
What will you do?
- Efficiently manage the solution design process, including: liaising with key stakeholders, engaging additional subject matter experts; creating, documenting and presenting solutions which best meet business and technical strategy and requirements; navigating current state environment constraints and alignment with future target architecture.
- Ensure that solutions are well balanced delivering needed functionality to business units without compromising security or privacy.
- Define repeatable architecture patterns and blueprints for design and implementation solutions using Archimate and other techniques.
- Define data architecture around how data is captured, stored, processed, distributed and consumed by applications in alignment to the overall data strategy and design artifacts in UML Class Diagrams.
- Support the development of comprehensive data mapping and integration strategy roadmaps, providing input to ensure project investments are moving towards the target state architecture.
- Liaise with development/engineering teams to ensure that all solution architecture views are defined and elaborated contributing to an Architectural Continuum that is continuously growing.
- Deliver architectures and designs in both agile and iterative waterfall project delivery models, and propose and implement improvements to improve the viability of the solutions to meet program timelines, budget and quality measurements.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models. Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyze the business-IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
What do you need to succeed?
- Passion, politeness, professionalism, and a drive for continuous improvement.
- The ability to have fun and complete exceptional work on time.
- The ability to present concepts and ideas in an open, safe, and friendly environment.
- A minimum three (3) year Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent program from a recognized institution, or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with defining, implementing changes to, and supporting production solutions.
- Experience working with Computer systems such as DNS, file servers, mail servers, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, M365, working knowledge of protocols, databases, and application architectures.
- Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research.
- Experience with Archimate, UML, and other modelling languages.
Please apply online at www.mohawkcollege.ca/careers
Mohawk College prioritizes recruiting and retaining diverse employees. With this in mind, the College is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (905) 575 - 2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, S2LGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
For more information concerning the Mohawk College strategic plan, please see: strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/