Sr Applied Research Scientist
ZeroKeyCalgary, Alberta, Canada4 days ago
At ZeroKey we have one mission; to drive optimization through digital transformation.
Our world is inherently analog, rendering most “things” invisible to the digital domain. ZeroKey is changing that, one factory, warehouse, and facility at a time.
Through our patented and breakthrough IIoT localization technology, Smart Space, ZeroKey is digitizing things that have never been digitized before. Driven by Smart Space’s millimetre-level 3D digitization accuracy, we’re bringing real-world workflows and processes into the digital realm like never before to power previously impossible digital solutions that redefine state-of-the-art.
ZeroKey is a venture funded, high growth tech company headquartered in Calgary, with regional offices opening soon in Toronto, Silicon Valley, and Stuttgart. Originally started in mid-2016, ZeroKey has experienced several consecutive years of tremendous growth on the order of 9,000% annually. Today, with 24+ core patents and products in use across an exponentially growing client list reaching over 15 different countries and 3 different continents, we are excited to be adding this new role to the team along with several others as part of our long-term growth plan.
Want to know what it’s like to work at ZeroKey? Join us for a tour of our brand new 20,000 sq. ft. facility in Calgary’s Airways industrial park: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8EGcdF-bds&t=19s
As a Senior Applied Research Scientist, you will play an influential role within our R&D team and work to shape the future of key underlying principles that power ZeroKey’s breakthrough Smart Space technology. The successful applicant will have a strong aptitude for problem solving, team-oriented development, and specialized technical expertise in object ranging and positioning.
Operating within our R&D team, the role spans a variety functions, supporting applied research objectives including the development of mathematical models, solving optimization problems, and performing data analysis. The role requires an individual who is self-motivated, requires little supervision, possesses strong academic abilities while demonstrating a willingness to work with team members of all experience levels to efficiently achieve project milestones.
General Role & Responsibilities
- Write MATLAB models and simulations
- Solve numerical problems typically found in scientific computing applications such as global optimization
- Improve robustness of current implementations
- Develop solutions to object ranging and object positioning problems
- Analyze and review test data for trends
- Perform verification activities, working with physical test fixtures as necessary
- Deliver high-quality test reports for internal and external distribution
- Deliver high-quality code and documentation following standard methodologies for evolving development
- Work within project deadlines, be flexible, and produce high quality work
- Participate in integrated project team activities involving representatives from R&D, H/W engineering, F/W development, and customer support teams
- Effectively communicate progress and problems to management and other departments.
Experience and Education:
- Ph.D. (preferred) in engineering, computer science, or mathematics
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an applied research role working with numerical problems
- Commanding knowledge of:
- signal processing
- linear algebra
- global optimization
- Programming experience in MATLAB and C/C++, Python or equivalent
- Familiarity with version control systems such as git
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Critical and pragmatic thinking
- Self-motivated, independent learner
- Comfortable participating in team environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$125,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We strictly adhere to municipal, provincial, and federal COVID-19 guidelines. This includes work from home arrangements, only essential staff permitted in-office, mandatory mask usage in all office common areas, and increased sanitization schedules.
- Doctoral Degree (Preferred)
- Applied Research with numerical problems: 10 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place