Sr. Backend Developer
CybernetIQOttawa, ON8 days ago
CybernetIQ is looking for Sr. Backend Developer to join us for a full-time position.
The ideal candidate is an independent worker who has a strong attention to detail. This role reports directly to the Product Manager.
As a Sr. Backend Developer at CybernetIQ, you will be responsible for leading the backend coding team. CLAW is a next generation cyber security tool designed to empower analysts to make better use of their data. Among the gambit of problems CLAW is designed to address include faster incidence response, proving security architecture and compliance, and cyber attribution. CLAW is currently offered as both an on-premises and cloud service.
To apply send your CV and code sample (GitHub or other online repository preferred) to email@example.com
What you are responsible for:
- Architect and build high performance SaaS solutions for best-of-class cybersecurity customers
- Integrate in-house built novel machine learning algorithms
- Interface with upper management and sales staff to chart product direction
- Create and hold yourself accountable to deadlines
- Teach, advocate for, and implement development best practices
- Tutor and guide Jr Developers to better contribute to development efforts
Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Ability to suggest and advocate for process changes
- Ability to work with the architect on shared efforts to drive solutions
- Experience and willingness to mentor more junior members on your team
- Enjoy working independently, in a small team, with a light management touch
- Outstanding problem-solving ability, including debugging / analytical skills
- We can see that you have a love for project-based work and staying at the top of your technical game
- Be happy switching between quite different domains – we take joint responsibility for all our outputs and activities
- Have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce clear documentation for both colleagues and customer
It is a bonus if you have:
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Python, pandas, and numpy.
- Previous experience working at a start-up with an early-stage product
CybernetIQ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin.
CybernetIQ is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise CybernetIQ in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.