Sr. Content Manager
Ascend Fundraising SolutionsToronto, ONa month ago
Are you a senior B2B content manager that loves to lead and influence a market? Does storytelling and educating excite you as much as helping to drive business results? Are you at your best when you're starting early and able to chart out the course of a strong content plan and then make it come to life?
If you’re a builder at heart, collaborative by nature and are driven by data and customer insight, then read on.
Ascend is looking for an experienced Sr. Content Manager to join our mission to become the global leader in online charitable fundraising solutions. Reporting into our Director of B2B Marketing, you will help us build the category and position Ascend as a thought leader and premier brand via a comprehensive content marketing program.
We have strong Canadian success behind us, and your role will focus heavily on our expansion into the U.S. market where online gaming-based fundraising for not-for-profits is still in its infancy and where awareness and education building will be key.
As a member of our small but growing marketing team you will own our content marketing strategy from planning through to execution. From writing to video, from customer stories to webinars, from education to thought leadership, from contributed content to newsletters - you’ll have full freedom of content expression.
Desired Skills and Experience:
This is a dynamic and hands-on job that spans all core areas of content marketing. You will be accountable for driving new customer acquisition via content while establishing Ascend as a dominant player in an emerging category. You wouldn’t have it any other way.
You have been a Content Manager at a fast-growing company for at least 3 years. Along the way you have demonstrated expertise in:
Content Strategy and Planning: You are comfortable leading the development of a content strategy that aligns with team and corporate goals and then building the plans to execute and deliver. Experience with a brand/product/service that has taken a leadership position with respect to content is a huge plus.
Content Management/Creation: You are proficient at leading and managing the end-to-end process of creating and publishing great content across a variety of mediums. In addition to creating your own content, you are adept at seeking out and working with contract content creators. You have been able to create and maintain a content/editorial calendar that ties back into marketing campaigns and may also have created a style guide and taxonomy.
SEO/Analytics/Performance: At your core you believe that content drives business. From keyword planning and strong SEO execution to contributed content to thought leadership and you’ve demonstrated the ability to plan and track the efficacy of the content you and your team create. Though we will not be measuring success simply on page-views or clicks, you are ultimately guided by an overall performance and outcome focused mandate.
Scale: You’ve demonstrated the ability to deliver results that scale over time and distribution tactics and strategies that allow content to reach the target audience faster and engage them fully. Whether it’s leveraging existing thought leaders, existing customers or your entire community you know that content is best when it’s found, shared and part of the community.
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
We move fast, but we are smart about it.
• You thrive equally in strategy and execution.
• You are inventive and resourceful and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations.
• You are entrepreneurial at heart, but methodical in your approach
• You love to learn - about your craft and your own personal development as a marketing leader
• You get a rush when you’re super busy and getting a lot done. You get a super rush when your efforts land in a win.
• You would rather just try a new idea than spend days talking about it.
• You believe in collaboration and enjoy adding value and getting value by engaging with every department that touches the customer experience.
• You’re probably your own toughest critic and have an internal drive to succeed and help others do the same. You never want to be the weak link, but the strongest.
• You are passionate about helping charitable organizations raise money and increase their impact in their communities
Why work at Ascend?
Founded in 2008 as “Gaming Nation" our online gaming/lottery fundraising platform has been used by some of the world’s most notable sports franchises and their partners including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, CFL, PGA, NCAA and NASCAR.
Today, as Ascend Fundraising Solutions our platform is now also being used by some of the world’s most notable non-profit organizations such as the Special Olympics and United Way. We are disrupting the fundraising model by helping charitable organizations bring their fundraising online, raise recurring donations, build on their donor datasets, build deeper engagement from their donor databases and achieve record donor revenues.
Our world record setting 50:50 draw for the Edmonton Oilers Foundation generated over $14 million in donations in one day! It also broke our platform - but we’re stronger for it and can take that hit at any time now.
We’ve helped over 500 charitable organizations raise over $800 million on our platform to date, but with online gaming/lottery-based fundraising still a relatively unknown category in the U.S. we’re only just getting started.
Our commitment to you:
• Organizational support and a servant leadership culture focused on helping you develop and progress as a marketing leader
• A team that is intellectually curious, dedicated, and has a willingness to get the job done
• Opportunity to get in at the ground level and have a significant direct impact to the business in the short and long term
• Help grow a company that helps charities and NPOs fund their charitable causes
• Beautiful, downtown Toronto office with lake views and close proximity to transit
Work remotely for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19.
Ascend Fundraising Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran disability or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law in employment.