Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
Behind the scenes, but ahead of the curve: help us develop the next-generation public broadcaster.
Created in 2015 to align, lighten and modernize infrastructure, the Technology and Infrastructure (TI) team is the backbone and the future forward arm of CBC/Radio-Canada. We are the people that make stuff work. We make connections; between media content, systems, people and places. We are the space in between.
A place with purpose. CBC/Radio-Canada has always been a highly-regarded pioneer of media technology. Not just in Canada, but around the world. Today, we're transforming ourselves from a conventional radio and television broadcaster into a modern digital media company. Technology is the driving force. TI is the team making it happen.
What you will do
Reporting to the Senior Director, IT Business Liaison, we need a Senior Manager, IT Business Liaison - Finance Solutions.
You will apply your expertise to define your clients' product evolution strategy in line with the business unit vision, influence and develop the business strategy from a technology perspective, and maintain client relationships for the portfolio under your purview. The Finance portfolio includes systems such as SAP (ECC, BW, GRC, Portal, Ariba, TEMS, etc.), Open Text VIM, APEC, etc. You will foster relationships with stakeholders in the Finance departments as well as outside consultants and oversee the in-house team from hiring to coaching and task management. In addition, you will grow your understanding of CBC/Radio-Canada's strategy to align the product evolution, optimize the governance of applications related to your product portfolio, and be accountable for project delivery, maintenance and service levels.
Product Portfolio Management
- Define the product evolution strategy in line with your clients' vision for the business unit.
- Manage client relationships: Prepare for and attend meetings with various clients (via governance committees) to identify business priorities for product evolution and manage technology risk.
- Ensure that data security and integrity requirements are met.
- Track compliance with service level agreements by monitoring pre-established control measures.
- Assist in developing modern IT strategies/technologies to optimize business value delivery.
- Negotiate long-term contractual agreements with service providers.
- Manage contracts and business relationships with external product and service providers.
- Develop procedures for communicating with the technology components to optimize solution delivery.
Strategic and Capacity Planning
- Assess all client business needs (including business cases and feasibility studies).
- Align technology needs for all business lines to help them achieve their objectives.
- Determine key strategies for improving the technology delivery model.
- Improve communication among all technology groups to promote an effective delivery model for the business community.
- Develop and maintain road maps and strategic plans under your responsibility to feed into annual financial planning and manage technology risks.
- Develop business cases and feasibility studies, including cost/benefit analyses.
- Participate in defining the annual software-update plans based on business priorities and technology risks.
- Determine the project mandate: Identify business needs and set expectations and possible responses. Choose the action plan, determine the size of the project and assess risks, impacts and limits. Once the framework is defined, determine project objectives.
- Determine the necessary human, financial and technical resources jointly with management.
- Validate, with all players involved, the various project development phases to ensure compliance with initial objectives; determine and take corrective action as needed. Find solutions to issues and constraints, escalating unresolved issues as required.
- Provide business expertise to others during the planning and development phases of projects.
Management and Administration
- Hire and manage in-house and external resources to fulfil the departmental mandate.
- Manage permanent and temporary employees, including objective setting, performance reviews, compensation, training and development.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- You are fluent in English and French, with professional communication skills and the confidence to work with executive stakeholders. You can build collaborative relationships across all levels, internally and externally;
- You have the diplomacy and conflict management to resolve difficult situations effectively.
- You have critical analysis and strategic thinking skills, with an ability to break down and translate complex issues for any audience.
- *removed* You can influence without authority, inspiring the cooperation of others to achieve common goals. You have excellent judgment, along with the ability to manage a multitude of priorities and meet deadlines.
- You bring a fresh perspective on existing solutions and innovative approaches and ideas to push us further ahead.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Data Processing, with 10+ years of experience in Finance and ERP transformation projects and product management, including product governance, accountability and service level management.
- You have at least five (5) years of experience in an SAP environment and knowledge of trends related to SAP evolution and other financial systems. You are deeply familiar with product portfolio management (strategy, technology watch, trends, etc.) and business and technology-solution analysis. Exposure to the media industry is an asset.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on "Apply online". We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country's diversity. That's because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That's why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.