Staff Software Engineer
JobviteCanada - Remote or Kitchener21 days ago
What You Will Do:
As a Staff engineer you will be entrusted with complete design and development of web-based SaaS products that delight our customers and scale out to millions of users. Your responsibilities will include scoping and leading technical initiatives that span across the organization and are not limited to a single team. You are comfortable owning the planning, architecture, development, and delivery of a SaaS based product. You will be a role model for technical and architectural excellence. You will help promote the best engineering practices in a fast-paced agile environment. You will work closely with product owners, and other stakeholders to understand the business needs and translate them to technical decisions. You will coach and mentor engineers at all levels.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of professional experience in building and designing scalable SaaS based web applications.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical leader responsible for designing and building highly scalable full-stack systems in the cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- Strong coding skills (Java, Spring, AngularJS, React, or other related)
- Understanding of distributed system design
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB/DynamoDB and open-source technologies such as Apache, Elastic Search, Memcached, etc.
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in a relatable field.
- Got URLs? We'd love to see open-source contributions, websites you’ve worked on, questions you’ve answered on Stack Overflow, or anything else that shows off your expertise if you've got 'em!
Not quite ready for Staff level? We've got 10 more Engineering jobs at other levels as well so take a look and tell your friends! https://app.jobvite.com/j?bj=ol0eefwx&s=Tech_Talent_Canada