Staff Software Engineer, Front End/Full Stack
JobviteRemote - Canada or US17 days ago
Jobvite offers a marketing-inspired approach to recruiting by combining the power of data and the human touch. We enable recruitment teams to personalize the candidate experience with a full-scale talent platform that accelerates and simplifies the entire talent acquisition process — from the moment the search begins to the celebration of the first promotion and beyond. We make it possible to automate communication through bot-powered texts and anticipate the employee journey with internal mobility and referral tools driven by human insight and assisted by AI. With a comprehensive, talent acquisition-focused suite Jobvite has been serving customers, including Dollar Shave Club, Dunkin Brands, OpenTable, LinkedIn, Zappos, Universal Music Group, Wayfair, Zillow & Feeding America, since 2006.
What you’ll do:
As a Staff Engineer you will be entrusted with complete design and development of web-based SaaS products that delight our customers and scale out to millions of users. Your responsibilities will include scoping and leading technical initiatives that span across the organization and are not limited to a single team. You are comfortable owning the planning, architecture, development, and delivery of a SaaS based product. You will be a role model for technical and architectural excellence. You will help promote the best engineering practices in a fast-paced agile environment. You will work closely with product owners, and other stakeholders to understand the business needs and translate them to technical decisions. You will coach and mentor engineers at all levels.
What you’ll bring:
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or equivalent) in a relatable field
- 12+ years of professional experience in building and designing scalable SaaS based web applications.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical leader responsible for designing and building highly scalable full-stack systems in the cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- You have strong coding skills (Java, Spring, AngularJS, React, etc.) and a good understanding of distributed system design.
- You have experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB/DynamoDB and open-source technologies such as Apache, Elastic Search, Memcached, etc.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced agile and collaborative environment involving cross-function stakeholders.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences.