At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, UM is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
Are you an experienced Linux specialist who loves automation and configuration management challenges? Be a part of the team responsible for the design and deployment of one of the largest Linux environments in Manitoba including deployment and system administration of the middleware and enterprise applications that enable key systems for the University of Manitoba! Our environment includes over 1,000 Linux systems in addition to specialty high-performance computing systems for research.
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Development, the Systems Analyst is primarily responsible for the analysis, design, development and implementation of Linux operating systems, middleware and web infrastructure platforms that support the University’s enterprise systems. This position also provides maintenance and support to existing systems, conducts quality assurance/quality improvement activities, and acts as a consultant/resource to clients and other IST staff. The areas of focus for this position are Linux, middleware and web infrastructure.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· A Bachelor's degree or college diploma in Computer Science or a related field required.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Must have a minimum 10 years of work experience as a system administrator with a minimum of 4 years of experience with analysis, design, deployment, maintenance and support of enterprise level Linux platform systems in higher education or large business environment.
· Must have experience with the deployment, configuration and support of enterprise level web infrastructure and middleware platforms.
· Experience with operating system / middleware platform support and administration of an enterprise level ERP, CRM or HRIS system is desirable. Experience with Ellucian Banner is considered an asset.
· Must have experience with Linux platform configuration management and automation tools.
· Must have experience in planning and estimating work related to deployment, upgrade of Linux platform systems and middleware.
· Must have experience collaborating with diverse project teams including technology users, infrastructure and application specialists, vendor sales and technical support staff, project managers and project sponsors.
· Experience with public cloud platforms in considered an asset.
· Experience with High Performance Computing systems is considered an asset.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
· Competitive salary
· Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
· A full spectrum of professional development opportunities
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s recruitment site, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=17964
Closing Date: November 2, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.