Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the real estate industry. As part of the new team spearheaded by the Director, Application Service Delivery, Data Solutions, we are adding a Team Lead, Software Development in Québec. This is an opportunity to head up a highly skilled Agile Scrum team tackling complex and challenging big data work. It’s a chance to hone your people management skills, mentoring, and coaching the team while implementing best practices including source-code management and code-reviews. It’s a chance to evaluate and introduce new tools and be hands-on when needed to support and accelerate the work of the team.
Who you are
You may be at a smaller company and you are looking for a challenge and chance to make a greater impact or you may be at a larger company seeking increased recognition. Either way, you are a Senior Developer who has guided the work of junior team members and implemented or led code-reviews and other Agile best practices. You are ready to step away from a predominantly hands-on coding role to one where you can make a difference directly on the quality, speed, and overall function of new data products. You want to focus on day-to-day operations, mentorship, and exceeding standards, as you contribute to the bigger technical accomplishments of the team. You want to be part of building something new with great visibility across the organisation and endless possibilities ahead as we continue to grow and scale. You want to play a critical role in seeing our collaborative vision implemented.
What’s in it for you?
Unparalleled exposure and impact. You will work alongside development, architecture, and product teams who are at the top of their game, solving problems that have never been looked at before. As part of a platform team specifically assembled to collaborate on new work, you will have the freedom to create from the ground up, unrestricted by existing tools or legacy technology. You will contribute to process improvements and provide input on how to bring the best out of a team, encouraging their growth. This is an opportunity to make your mark and truly accomplish something exciting as we focus on defining and driving our data and SaaS strategy.
The latest technology, in leading-edge ways. Data is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively pursuing the latest iterations of modern technologies. Our stack encompasses C#, Angular, Node.js, REST APIs, MySQL/MSSQL and the AWS ecosystem. You will be part of the team working with - and continuously evolving - this tech stack and our approach to data.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average, and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. The Data Solutions team offers individuals the chance to lead the scrums on a rotating basis and push the limits of what they do with dedicated time to further their individual areas of technical interest. As we move from building to scaling; from platform to product; and from storage to application, the opportunities to grow your skills, gain exposure, try new things, and make an impact will grow too.
Our new Team Lead, Software Development will:
- Plan, designate, and develop. You will manage and lead daily stand-ups, assigning work, and prioritizing deliverables. You will work side-by-side with the team conducting code reviews, and ensuring tasks are completed.
- Be Agile. You will foster and champion an Agile scrum environment, introducing best practices and implementing a CI/CD pipeline.
- Communicate. You will meet with the Director to provide regular updates on the progress of the team’s deliverables and to discuss the broader operating functions and team issues.
- Manage the team. You will be approachable and involved with the day-to-day accomplishments of your team. You will conduct formal and informal one-to-ones, performance reviews, and ratings for your team. You will help set individual objectives and assist with setting career paths and professional development.
Our new Team Lead, Software Development will have:
- A passion for people leadership. You may be a scrum master and can instil your enthusiasm for Scrum and CI/CD in your team. You can build relationships with cross-functional teams, encouraging open communication and knowledge sharing, confidently and effectively relaying information to senior management. You have a deep appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches.
- A commitment to collaboration. You thrive working across inter-disciplinary groups, including architects, developers, product, and management, to build great products. You have a way of speaking, writing, and relaying information that engages people.
- Hands-on experience. You have worked with AWS/Cloud computing infrastructure. You have experience implementing or executing Agile best practices for enterprise-level code and B2B products.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what's new by following us on LinkedIn