Technical Account Manager
TasktopAnywhere USA/Canada10 days ago
Who we are:
Tasktop is transforming how the world’s largest organizations manage the process of building software. Our Value Stream Management (VSM) platform has enabled our Fortune 500 customers to dramatically reduce their time to market and increase the velocity of software development. Sitting above the entire software development toolchain, Tasktop’s VSM platform integrates all popular software development tools - like Jira, ServiceNow, AzureDevOps and many more - and allows organizations to see where work is getting stuck and how they can improve. The company has been recognized by industry analysts such as Forrester and Gigaom as the leader in this new category of tools.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Tasktop is a global company with staff across North America, Europe and Australia. We have an energetic vibe, where we value work/life balance and creating an organization of diverse individuals that learn from each other. Recently named Built-In Austin’s Best Midsize Place to Work For, Tasktop provides the space to do the best work of your life.
Diversity and caring for each other are two of Tasktop’s key values and at Tasktop, we have built a community of mutual respect and trust. We believe that diverse teams perform better and foster an environment of belonging and inclusion. We aim to continually learn, evolve, and be better versions of ourselves.
Technical Account Manager:
Do you have a passion for interacting with customers and helping them get value out of their complex technical solutions? Do you have a natural ability to understand communication flow, information systems architecture, business process and product development process? Join Tasktop as a Technical Account Manager and become an essential member of our team as you serve as our customer’s trusted technical and Tasktop advisor.
Things you’ll be working on:
In the role of Technical Account Manager, you will work directly with assigned customers, providing personalized service to effectively become an extension of their technical teams. Your mandate will be to ensure customers achieve the most value from their Tasktop solutions by staying up to date on their Tasktop technical landscape (and connected tools), advise on integration best practices, and be a resource for any additional Tasktop resources they may need.
The Technical Account Manager will become well versed in how their customers manage work through their software delivery life cycle, including their integration use cases, change and release management processes, and be able to articulate any future feature requests in detail to the Product Development teams. You will be the customer champion for how they can achieve the best value from their Tasktop product(s) as they drive efficiency in the work they do for their business, by being the Tasktop expert and source of knowledge.
You will also work in close partnership with the corresponding Tasktop Sales Account teams to keep them informed of the overall technical health of their accounts, advise them of any additional needs the customer may have, and ensure alignment with them on the account strategies they may have. You will also communicate across other internal teams such as Support, Product Development and Value Stream Architecture as customer needs arise around new solutions or issues.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your defined customers’ software delivery environment
- Be a voice of the customer and advocate for their specific needs with our Product Development, Sales & Customer Success teams
- Identify potential expansion opportunities to further the value that customer gets from their Tasktop solution(s)
- Collaborate closely with our Sales team when additional revenue opportunities are proposed into your customers
- Provide proactive best practice guidance, planning & recommendations for the overall technical health of the customer’s Tasktop solution(s)
Great candidates have:
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to build effective customer relationships in an enterprise software setting
- Excellent business process and best practices experience or aptitude
- Analytical nature with the ability to solve complex business issues leveraging resources at hand
- Technical aptitude and a high degree of self-motivation to guide customers on Tasktop products, services, and documentation
- High degree of empathy and confidence
- A driven self-starter, able to collaborate well, prioritize tasks and take ownership of your customer’s success in a fluid and evolving environment
- Bachelor's degree
- An understanding of technical account management and customer software delivery life cycles
- Ability to learn and master new technologies with a technical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven track record in building excellent working relationships and operating effectively as a member of a leadership team
- Strong communication and meeting facilitation skills
If you know some of the following, that is even better:
- Preferable to have some Scrum Master / Agile Coach / Product Management and agile transformation implementation experience
- Familiarity or exposure to ALM tools (e.g. Atlassian JIRA, Azure DevOps, Planview, BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, and/or other leading ALM tools)
- Knowledge of software development and business methodologies (Value Stream Management, SDLC, SCRUM, SAFe, Lean, Agile, DevOps)
This position can be located anywhere in North America and is a remote-based role.
As a Tasktop employee you will enjoy flexibility, a health and wellness allowance, volunteer programs, a generous vacation offering, happy hours, and plenty more benefits!
Do you want to join the movement?? We would love to hear from you. Apply within!