Ministry of Land, Water and Resource Stewardship
Technical Analyst, Knowledge Capture
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
British Columbia’s Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) are the stewards of the Province’s Crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. Natural Resource Innovation and Digital Services (NRIDS) is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for NRM through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). NRIDS is providing leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRM.
This position is responsible for delivering application development and support in planning, designing, developing, testing, enhancing and maintaining mission critical applications of significant complexity (multiple platforms, environments and technologies requiring integration of new and legacy systems) and cost. Of primary significance is the current Knowledge Management initiative, encompassing knowledge capture of corporate memory for over 400 applications in the Natural Resource Sector.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Computer Science or related discipline, plus a minimum of 3 years of *related experience as described below; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
*Related experience must include the following:
- Experience in a broad number of Atlassian tools, preferably Jira and Confluence, Insights, ProForma, Scriptrunner
- Experience using an Agile/iterative approach to software development
- Experience with Release Management and IT Change Management processes in an enterprise application environment
- Experience leading and participating in project teams including application developers, business area users and technical resources
For more information and to apply online by September 14, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/90503