Ministry of Attorney General
There is currently a temporary opportunity until approximately March 1, 2024. This temporary opportunity may be extended upon mutual agreement or become permanent.
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Information Systems Branch (ISB) is responsible for providing strategic IM/IT leadership for the Justice and Public Safety Sector, and for the provision of IM/IT services to support our sector program areas and stakeholders. The branch includes six divisions: Client Services Division, IT Security & Operations Division, Service Design & Architecture, Program & Portfolio Management and the Strategic Planning and Digital Transformation Division, which are all coordinated under the leadership of the Ministry CIO division.
As a Technical Architect, your role within the Service Design & Architecture Division will be to help guide the design and delivery of projects related to the implementation of new applications (both custom and commercial off-the-shelf) and supporting infrastructure to enable them to be effectively integrated into the ministry’s operating environment. To accomplish this you will be working under the guidance of senior architects across multiple projects with a number of teams made up of ISB staff, Ministry business clients, contractors and external partners.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience designing complex IT systems that integrate multiple solution components from a variety of service providers.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in application development and modern Software Engineering practices (e.g. Agile development).
- Experience with client business and needs analysis, including information systems processes, methodologies and procedures, and change management practices
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
For more information and to apply online by September 15, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/88155