WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across southwestern and central Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you’ll do:
• Provide exceptional support on all levels; Tier 1 support for Commercial customers, Tier 2 support for Internal and External customers, and secondary Tier 2 for residential support
• Analyze alarm conditions and investigate root causes of those issues, documenting the issues and dispatching appropriate personnel to respond to the conditions
• Coordinate planned outages and escalate planned/unplanned outages that fall outside of any OLA or SLA
• Manage programming substitution schedule and ensure subs are running properly
• Document resolution and status of tickets ensuring updates/closure to all tickets as the change/problem progresses
• Maintain outage notifications using WCG Whiteboard Website and communicate status to business customers and internal staff
What you’ll bring to the team:
• One to three years of related experience in the cable or telecommunications industries
• Strong technical hardware and software skills
• Fundamental understanding of cable plant, network, and headend topologies
• Strong commitment towards excellent customer experience with a desire to resolve customer’s problems while maintaining focus on productivity, efficiency, and quality
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.